How Much Does an Above Ground Pool Deck Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
An above ground pool deck is a deck, usually made of wood, is a deck that is built partially or completely around an above ground pool. This allows the user to have a way into the pool without using a ladder, and it also make the pools appearance much better and neater. Summer is the favorite time of the year for most people, and an above ground pool with a deck can make the summer even more enjoyable. Giving entry to the pool and improving the appearance are not the only perks of having an above ground pool deck. You can also use this deck to entertain family and friends and even have a patio set and grill on the deck. You can also use the deck to set up lounge chairs used to lie quietly in the sun. There are many factors that affect the cost of an above ground pool deck, many different designs and sizes, and many features that can be included. All of these things should be considered when making a purchase of this size.
How much does it cost?
- On average, the cost to have an above ground pool deck professionally installed can range anywhere from $2,500 to as much as $8,000. The costs really come down to the type of material and the size of the pool.
- Decks that use material such as stone or a high quality wood like Fir and Pine can cost significantly more.
- According to an article on Popular Mechanics), one person spent $2,400 to make their own above ground pool deck. This was for a kit for which no professional installation was required.
- In a blog written on River Pools, it states that an above ground swimming pool deck kit retails for $1,500 to $4,500. On the other hand, the cost of installation would be around $1,000 to $3,000 to have it done professionally.
What is going to be included?
- An above ground pool deck can be made from many materials, such as fir, pine, cedar, redwood, aluminum, concrete, and composite. This deck kit should include a set of stairs for climbing up to the deck as well as a safety rail so that you cannot fall of the deck and get injured.
- Decks can be either free-standing, a multilevel deck that connects to a porch of a home, or can even customized to your own personal preference.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs would include the installation of the above ground pool deck if you choose to hire outside help. To find out what installation costs are going to be for you in your area, websites such as HomeAdvisor.com can help you find quotes.
- In addition, it would cost you more if you wish to expand your above ground pool deck beyond the normal dimensions of a deck kit.
- There is an added cost for the tools used for installation. You would need cutting, drilling, and nailing tools at the very minimum. You will also need a carbide-tipped saw for cutting. Whether you rent or purchase them, the costs can vary.
- Most cities will require a building permit. Fees will vary depending on in the city in which you live.
- Adding additional landscaping around the deck can be an additional cost.
Factors that influence the price:
- Shape of the pool. Usually, decks made for oval pools are cheaper to install compared those designed for round pools. However, the initial kits may cost more.
- Size. The bigger the pool, the more the deck is going to cost since the deck will also have to be bigger.
- System. The latest model of an above ground pool deck is built with a floating-foundation system. The deck has concrete pier blocks for support and appears to sit on the ground. If you want modern technology such as this, plan on spending more.
Tips to know:
- Before you add the pool deck , think about the condition of the pool. Is it in good condition? Make sure its system is stable and does not need any replacement within the next year at least.
- Identify the kind of decking materials you want to use. Wood is often used but it may need the most maintenance in the future.
- Do not attempt to use a salt water system for an above ground pool. It is quite a big risk to take since your walls will rust out. The salt water can also affect the material of the pool deck.
- Do not forget to secure a building permit.
Questions to ask:
- Of what material are the decking and railing made??
- Are you going to make use of a compatible hidden fastener system?
- What colors and styles do you offer?
- Can the decking be immersed in water?
- What is included in the above ground pool deck kit?
- How long will the texture of the decking and railing last?
- How does the decking kit work?
How can I save money?
- If you want an above ground pool that is really cheap, choose a “set and fill” pool. It is usually sold in big box stores like Walmart. It usually costs around $100-$800. This type of pool will not require a deck and can be taken down during the off-season.
- If you are going to get the pool deck professionally installed, make sure that you get at least three quotes.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|