How Much Does Acid Stained Concrete Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Acid Stain concrete has a variety of decors that you can choose from. It has a rich appearance that can bring any room to life. It’s very easy to maintain, as well as keep clean. Acid Stained Concrete is going to greatly vary on the size of the room, the quality preferred, the design and more. StainedbyDesign.com states that is it’s easy to maintain, as well as has benefits such as dust free surfaces.
How much do stained concrete floors cost?
- For those that want to get acid stained concrete work done outside, a simple stained concrete job can vary anywhere from $2 to $5 per square foot.
- Interior jobs are slightly more since more work will be required in order to lay concrete in the home. The average for a simple interior job will vary anywhere from $3 to $7 per square foot.
- The Concrete Network states that multiple colors, as well as sawed patterns can bring the price tag to about $8 to $15 a square foot. For those that want a sandblast stencil work job done, this can cost as much as $25 per square foot.
What is going to be included?
- An acid stained concrete is a mixture of water, as well as acids such as hydrocholoric and acid-soluble metallic salts. The acid will lightly etch the surface creating a design. For those that want to get a professional job done by a laborer, the company will draw up the colors, the design and put it to work.
- The foundation will be set, and the concrete will be supplied by a local company.
- If chosen, a finishing stain will be applied to the finalized product giving the flooring a “glossy” look.
What are the extra costs?
- Most concrete companies may charge a consulting fee. This may include design work, as well as draw up of what the company will be able to do for you.
- Extra designs, as well as colors, stains and more will add more for the price tag. Refer to the price range above to get a fair idea on what you’re going to more than likely pay.
- While considered optional, borders can be applied as well. This would be considered an additional cost to those that want it.
- If the flooring is going to be installed during a pre-build, the contractor will more than likely have to cover the floor to protect it from damage. Covering the floor can result in additional charges.
Tips to know:
- Concrete floors can have smaller imperfections such as cracks and blemishes. For those that want a perfect flooring, these cracks and blemishes can happen over time.
How can I save money?
- Shop around for contractors in your area. Services such as Service Magic are a great alternative to choose when comparing contractors in your area.
- The simpler the job, the less you’re going to spend. Ask yourself if you really want to add all of those colors to your flooring job.
- As the square footage goes up, the price per square foot will more than likely go down. It’s best to have all your concrete floors stained if you plan on having it done.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|