How Much Does An ACLS Certification Cost?
The ACLS certification course is a fully accredited course that is designed for professionals such as EMTs, Nurses, Physicians and more. Upon completion of this certification, a card will be mailed to you that will be valid for 2 years. This will be accredited by the American Heart Association(R).
How much is it?
- On average, most educational services online will charge anywhere from $150 to $250 for the certification course itself. For those that take it at a local community college, the cost will be $150 to $400.
- Websites such as EmergencyCourses.com will allow you to take a fully, accredited course that will cost $149.99 to complete the whole course. The course will take no more than 4 to 6 hours to complete.
- The Medical College of Wisconsin charges around $175 for an online course.
What are the extra costs?
- Some certifications won’t include the hands on practical component parts. On top of it, this will cost an additional $50 to $150 to complete, depending on the instructor that will perform the job.
- Some colleges will require that you take pre-requisite classes in order to take the exam, as well as other “parts” of the class. This alone can add $100 to $500 on the overall price tag depending on the college.
- For a training CD, books or even a skills test, these can generally be ordered for $20 to $50.
What is going to be included?
- As long as all the criteria is met, and you meet the minimum qualifications, a card will be mailed to your home within 2-3 weeks. Some courses will expedite the card delivery for an additional fee.
Tips to know:
- The ACLS is a certification that is required by health care providers that specialize in emergency services. This certification must be accredited by the American Heart Association is order for it to be accepted.
- Before signing up with a class, always be sure that it’s accredited. Without this accreditation, the certification can be deemed worthless.
- There are many online services that “claim” to help with the certification. If choose these websites, you’re going to want to make sure that they are accredited. Without this accreditation, you could find yourself falling into a scam. Most of the time, these schools will have it plastered right up front.
- Consider purchasing a CD titled, “HeartCode ACLS Anywhere.” This CD has two parts to the program and allows the student to take the self-directed program to help better understand the material.
How can I save money?
- Compare many educational institutions online. Ensure that your overall course is accredited by the Heart Association. Accredited courses won’t give you the proper credentials.
- If you work with a hospital, check with them to see if they offer any courses. Many employees may take classes at no rates, or even a lower rate.
- The cheapest way to obtain the ACLS certification is by attending a class in your local area. Check online as well as various education facilities to see who’s offering the class for the cheapest price. It’s best to consider a place nearby to save on the gas.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|