How Much Does an Acorn Stair Lift Cost?
The necessity of a stair lift cannot be undermined, for it helps people who have trouble using the stairs because of physical handicaps. It also allows those in need regain their freedom and peace of mind. The Acorn Stair Lift is renowned for its ease of use, clear control panel, and safety features. The Acorn Stair Lift is a state of the art stair lift yet so simple to use. It is packed with useful features such as a rack and pinion that provides a comfortable ride, a quick and simple to install DC power, locking swivel seats with short stop features, electronic and mechanical brakes, and many more.
How much is it?
- The Acorn stair lift has a few models, including the Acorn 120 and Acorn 80. One is ideal for straight stair cases, while the other one is designed for more complex stairs with bend features and other designs.
- This stair lift can be bought for $2,500-$4,000 depending on the model you choose. The price from Acorn dealers will sometimes vary depending on the number of stairs being covered.
What is going to be included?
- The stair lift comes with a free Direct Power (DC) supplied by rechargeable batteries allowing it to work even when there are power interruptions. The batteries are maintenance-free and charged by a safe 15 volt AC.
- Rack & pinion drive providing a quiet, smooth ride, as well as paddle control.
- Lockable swivel seats do not require you to twist when you are leaving the stairs.
- The diagnostic system allows you to periodically check the status of the stair lift.
- Depending on the brand, a limited warranty will also be included.
What are the extra costs?
- If the seller does not provide free shipping it will be charged as an extra expense.
- If the stair lift breaks down in the future and the warranty no longer covers the lift, you may incur additional expenses for repair.
- Depending on the dealer, installation may or mot not be included. If not, it will be an extra charge. Most dealers can charge anywhere from $500 to as much as $2,000 per installation. It will greatly depend upon the complexity of the job as well as the number of stair cases.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money on an Acorn Stair Lift purchase is to watch the sales of your nearby stores or of your favorite online store such as Amazon. Also check the site of Acorn dealers as well.
- Before spending your money to buy an Acorn Stair Lift, let someone quote you based on the kind of stairs you have such as the number of steps and the bends. The seller will advise the best product for you so you will not waste money.
- Buying a pre-owned stair lift can save you as much as 50-60%.
- Acorn is a brand of a particular stair lift. Be sure to check out other stair lift based brands that are out there that you can potentially purchase. Each and every brand is going to offer their own features as well as greatly vary in prices.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|