How Much Do Acoustic Guitar Strings Cost?
Changing the guitar strings of your acoustic guitar regularly maintains the performance of the guitar. When using the instrument over a long period of time, dirt may sit on the strings; this will affect the quality of the sound the guitar can produce. Frequent stretching of the string can also be a contributing factor to lowering sound quality.
A new set of strings makes playing the guitar more exciting for the player. You will be able to hear bright and rich sounds, creating a massive difference. Strings come in different gauges, and the type of alloy used can be bronze, brass, steel, or nickel. As a guitar player, you should consider a few factors that will enable you to choose the best string set for your instrument.
How much is it?
- A set of acoustic guitar strings has a price ranging from $5-$40 depending on the brand. Also, pay attention to the gauge. The gauge is going to provide different sounds of play depending on how heavy or thick it is.
- A light set of acoustic guitar strings can cost anywhere from $3 to $22 per pack. Again, this will all depend upon the brand.
- Steel based strings can cost anywhere from $3 to $20 per pack while nylon strings can be within the same price range.
- Electric based strings can cost anywhere from $5 to $20 per pack.
- The highly rated D’Addario EJ16-3d strings cost anywhere from $15 to $35 for pack of 3 light sets. A pack of Martin MSP4200 SP guitar strings will average $5 to $17. The Elixir Light Nanoweb strings can cost anywhere from $20 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- Some dealers will include string winders in a set of acoustic guitar strings.
- Shipping fees can also be free depending on your location.
- You can also get storage tin for extra string when you purchase at least two sets.
What are the extra costs?
- You can incur an extra cost for shipping fees if your location and the item being purchased do not qualify for free shipping.
- If you have someone change the strings for you, a professional will more than likely charge $10 to $30 to complete the job.
Top brands to consider:
- Ernie Ball
- John Pearse
How can I save money?
- You can save money from buying acoustic guitar strings if you can take advantage of free shipping.
- Look for different stores that offer high quality guitar strings, then compare these stores to see which one offers the highest quality for the lowest price.
- There are online dealers who will provide discounts if you will be purchasing acoustic guitar string sets regularly.
- Instead of letting someone change the strings for your guitar, find ways to learn the procedure for yourself so the next time you can do it.
- Buy quality guitar string sets to avoid replacing your strings sooner than needed with high quality strings. While it’s tempting to purchase a lower quality based guitar string, one is going to find that you’re going to get what you pay for.
- Make sure you have chosen the right gauge of string – one that you are comfortable with – to avoid waste.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|