How Much Do Acoustic Guitar Strings Cost?
Changing the guitar strings of your acoustic guitar regularly maintains the performance of the guitar. When using the instrument over a long period of time, dirt may sit on the strings, and this will affect the quality of the sound the guitar can produce. Frequent stretching of the string can also be a contributing factor to lowering the sound quality.
A new set of strings makes playing the guitar more exciting. Players will be able to hear bright and rich sounds, creating a massive difference. Strings come in different gauges, and the type of alloy used can be bronze, brass, steel, or nickel. As a guitar player, you should consider a few factors that will enable you to choose the best string set for your instrument.
How much is it?
- A set of acoustic guitar strings has a price ranging from $5-$40 depending on the brand. Also, pay attention to the gauge. The gauge is going to provide different sounds of play depending on how heavy or thick it is.
- A light set of acoustic guitar strings can cost anywhere from $3 to $22 per pack. Again, this will all depend upon the brand.
- Steel based strings can cost anywhere from $3 to $20 per pack while nylon strings can be within the same price range.
- Electric based strings can cost anywhere from $5 to $20 per pack.
- The highly rated D’Addario EJ16-3d strings cost anywhere from $15 to $35 for pack of 3 light sets. A pack of Martin MSP4200 SP guitar strings will average $5 to $17. The Elixir Light Nanoweb strings can cost anywhere from $20 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- Some dealers will include string winders in a set of acoustic guitar strings.
- Shipping fees can also be free depending on your location.
- You can also get storage tin for extra string when you purchase at least two sets.
What are the extra costs?
- You can incur an extra cost for shipping fees if your location and the item being purchased do not qualify for free shipping.
- If you have someone change the strings for you, a professional will more than likely charge $10 to $30 to complete the job.
Top brands to consider:
- Ernie Ball
- John Pearse
How can I save money?
- You can save money from buying acoustic guitar strings if you can take advantage of free shipping.
- Look for different stores that offer high quality guitar strings, then compare these stores to see which one offers the highest quality for the lowest price.
- There are online dealers who will provide discounts if you will be purchasing acoustic guitar string sets regularly.
- Instead of letting someone change the strings for your guitar, find ways to learn the procedure for yourself so the next time you can do it.
- Buy quality guitar string sets to avoid replacing your strings sooner than needed with high quality strings. While it’s tempting to purchase a lower quality based guitar string, one is going to find that you’re going to get what you pay for.
- Make sure you have chosen the right gauge of string – one that you are comfortable with – to avoid waste.