How Much Do Acrylic Sheets Cost?
Acrylic sheets can be used for variety of projects, such as display cases, picture frames, aquariums, roofs, glazing windows, scrapbook material, and many other home improvements. Most home improvement stores or acrylic sheet dealers sell the products in different colors and sizes to cater to your individual preferences.
The versatility of this material makes it more preferable than glass. Its attributes include chemical resistance and flexibility, making it ideal to protect something from being damaged by high winds. The material is lightweight and safe to use.
How much is it?
- The price of an acrylic sheets will differ according to the brand, the size, and thickness. Customized sizes can have higher prices, too.
- On average, the price of the extruded acrylic sheets with a .06” to .22” thickness is anywhere from $4 to $9 per square foot. Clear-cast acrylic sheets with the thickness of .30” to 3” or 4” are sold with an average price of $30-$150 per square foot. Colored acrylics with the thickness of .025” to 5” cost anywhere from $6 to $50 per square foot.
- Pre-cut or pre-sized acrylic sheets are also available and sold per sheet. For instance, a 48” by 90” clear acrylic sheet will cost $50-$100.
- Acrylic sheets for scrapbooking purposes are sold per set of 10-15 sheets with dimensions of approximately 12″ by 12″ with the price range of $10-$30.
- Acrylic plastic sheets can cost anywhere from $15 to as much as $150. Again, it will all depend on the size of the sheet.
- Clear sheets are going to cost anywhere from $5 to $75. For example, a sheet that measures 12×12 can retail for $5 to $15.
- Glass sheets can cost anywhere from $10 to $175. A smaller sheet that measures 12″x12″ can be as little as $5 while a sheet that measures at 18×24 can cost upwards of $115.
What is going to be included?
- Acrylic sheets include everything for which you have paid in a single set. It can be cast or extruded and colored depending on your order.
- Customized cuts are also included by some dealers depending on the quantity you wanted to buy.
- Sometimes, depending on the locations, the shipping cost is also included.
Types of Acrylic Sheets:
- Fluorescent Sheets
- Ice Sheets
- Mirror Sheeting
- Satin Ice Sheets
- See Thru Mirror Sheeting
- Tinted and Colored
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping for larger sheets is sometimes excluded. Contact your dealer for the shipping charges so you can budget for the extra cost.
- If the seller offers customized sizes to cater your needs, some will let you pay the cut cost.
- Some local stores may offer delivery in case you do not have a vehicle to transport the sheets. This will probably be an extra charge.
How can I save money?
- Buy acrylic sheets according to your needs. Even if you incur fees for customized sizes, you can still save from buying a particular size according to your need than to buy bigger sized sheets and ending up with waste.
- Hunt for retailerss who are offering lower prices per sheet or per square foot and those that can offer free shipping. Some dealers also offer discounts if you are buying in bulk.