How Much Do Acupuncture Needles Cost?
Acupuncture is a well known Chinese alternative medicine process that is done with needles that are inserted into certain points of the body. Heat or electrical stimulation is applied to some points of the patient’s body in order to relieve pain.
Acupuncture needles are produced in different sizes and qualities. A needle’s length can be between 13 to 130 mm and the diameters vary from 0.16 mm to 0.46 mm. The practitioners that treat you with acupuncture may provide you with needles, but many would advise you to buy your own set and bring them to the clinic during treatments. There are disposable needles available which are in demand in the market today; however, most acupuncturists will advise you regarding what kind of needle they prefer as well as what brand they trust the most.
How much is it?
- Depending on the size, the type of needle, and the quantity, the average price can be as little as $10 to as much as $70 per box.
- J-Type needles are available in 30mm, 40mm, 50mm at an average price of $12-$30 per box.
- D-Type needles that measure 15mm are priced between $10-$15 per box.
- Facial and finger acupuncture needles that come in a larger quantity boxes, such as 1,000 needles, are priced between $30 and $70.
What is going to be included?
- D Type acupuncture needles typically don’t include insertion tubes.
- J type needles will usually come with insertion tubes. Be sure to refer to the box description to see what products come with the needles.
- Some may include color codes for different needles.
- Disposable containers will also come with the needles to ensure that they are disposed of properly. If the needles don’t come with this container, it’s best to know of the proper procedures to ensure that they are thrown away the right way.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees may apply for those that choose to purchase online. Some merchants may give free shipping if a certain amount of money is spent.
- If you are an acupuncturist, you will also need a pressure point locator to determine where the needles are to be inserted. A pressure point locator starts at $90 and rise from there.
- The acupuncture treatments will cost extra each time your go. A session will cost anywhere from $70 to $200. See “How much does acupuncture cost?“.
Top brands to consider:
- Nano Tech
How can I save money?
- There are online stores that offer discounts. However, it is suggested that you choose a trusted brand even if it is slightly more expensive. There are a few niche based acupuncture needle based stores. If purchasing from one such as these stores, consider looking for coupons and promotion codes.
- Buying the needles in bulk will save you money as well as the shipping cost. Those that work in a professional environment may want to meet with a company to see if they can provide them at a different discount than what is offered to the public.
- Look for brands that offer painless insertion so you will not have to purchase extra medicine.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|