How Much Does Acupuncture School Cost?
In order to practice Acupuncture legally, one is going to have to receive a ACAOM degree; most degree programs are going to require that you receive a Masters in Acupuncture. Many state boards may require that you hold a MD, DO, etc. In order to receive this certification, many steps are going to be necessary. Each state is going to have it’s own minimum requirements in order to practice. The cost of this school is going to greatly vary according to your experience, the school, the location, and others.
How much is it?
- On average, tuition costs are going to range anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 a year. The program can last up to three years, making the overall price upwards of $40,000.
- AcupunctureToday conducted a study and found that more than 51% of acupuncturists claimed that they paid more than $60,000. 17% said, “between $30,000 and $45,000”, and 12.8% claimed, “between $15 and $30,000.”
- The Academy for Acupuncture charges $40,700 for a Master’s, $9,500 for Chinese Herbal Studies, and $50,200 for Acupuncture and Herbal studies cmombined.
- The New England School of Acupuncture offers a full program that is ranges anywhere from $17,000 to as much as $20,000 per year (3 terms per year.)
What are the extra costs?
- Registration fees will more than likely apply. When registering for any college, most will charge anywhere from $20 to $50 to process your application.
- Loan fees may apply if you wish to apply for a loan. These fees can range from $20 to $200.
- School supplies, textbooks, and more will all add on top of the overall tuition rates.
- For those that are going to stay on campus in a dorm room, this may double the rate of your tuition, depending on the area in which your school is located.
- Exam fees can apply depending on the school.
- If working on patients outside of the program, insurance may be required to protect your assets.
- Due to the complexity of these programs, many students opt to hire a tutor. The cost can greatly vary depending upon the tutor’s credibility and rates.
- Upon graduation, most states will have an application fee in order to be certified within the state.
What is going to be included?
- Completing the program 100% will allow you to receive a Master’s at the end of your tenure. Once the degree and certifications are acquired, you can then get a job with a local hospital or even open up your own clinic, as long as local laws are followed.
- There are many programs that a student can partake in if he/she is looking to licensed. These programs can include a complete acupuncture program, oriental medicine and even dual programs that can touch on a little bit of everything.
How can I save money?
- As with any college, compare prices of 3-5 different schools. Each college is going to greatly vary.
- Scholarships may be available for local colleges. Treat scholarship searches as if it were a full time job. This can lower your college costs greatly.
- Some colleges may charge more for a student that is going to go part-time rather than full-time. Since an acupuncture school is a “niche” based program, it’s easier for them to cater to those that attend full-time.
- For those that meet certain financial requirements, financial aid may be available to help ease the costs. As long as the school is accredited, financial aid can be obtained.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|