How Much Do Adjustable Beds Cost?
An adjustable bed is a type of bed that has multi hinged layer which enables it to be profiled to a number of different positions. The bed can be used to incline the upper body as well as raise the lower body independently. It also has other features such as height adjustment and the ability to be tilted side to side. These types of bed are often used in hospitals to make sure that the patient feels comfortable, but they are also used in regular households. The price of adjustable beds depends on the size of the bed as well as the brand name.
How much is it?
- On average, an adjustable bed can cost anywhere from $799 to as much as $5,000. Most purchases will fall within the $799 to $2,000 price range.
- Adjustable beds that are used in the medical industry can be more expensive than the ones used for homes because of the advanced features that they can offer. An adjustable bed that is similar to one in a hospital atmosphere can range anywhere from $2,700 to $5,800.
- For example, a popular adjustable bed such like the Leggett and Platt ShipShape Adjustable Twin Based Bed sells for $799 to $1,000.
- An online eCommerce store such as OlejoStores.com sell adjustable beds that range anywhere from $999 to $1,998. The beds have different sizes from twin to split king.
- A popular retail store such as SamsClub.com offers adjustable beds that include shipping and handling. The price for adjustable beds with a wholesale company such as this one can range anywhere from $800 to $1,800 depending on the size of the bed.
What are the extra costs?
- Due to the weight of the product, most adjustable beds purchased online can have additional shipping fees. Unless the shipping fees are already included with the order, the shipping fees can start at $100.
- Adjustable beds may require a special frame that can adjust with the mattress.
- These types of beds are prone to breaking down. If this does happen, the electric panel or remote may have to be replaced.
What is going to be included?
- The adjustable bed will come with a control mechanism that will control the bed. This remote control will enable the user to adjust the bed setting to the appropriate comfort level.
- Name brand mattress manufacturers can offer a limited warranty that can last up to a lifetime.
Top brands to consider:
- Leggett and Platt
How can I save money?
- Adjustable beds are mainly used as therapeutic solutions for people that have conditions related to their body. There are other beds that can provide comfort that is similar to that offered by an adjustable bed but can cost a fraction of the cost. Check with local mattress stores to find other models that may be more comfortable for both your body and your wallet.
- If your hearts is set on a bed that is adjustable, consider looking for various sales or even promotional codes through retailers both in person as well as online. By comparing a hand full of retailers, you’ll find deals pop up from time to time.