How Much Does Adobe Photoshop Cost?
Adobe Photoshop refers to a special graphics editing software that can be used to edit or create new graphic content. At the touch of a button, you can freely add, modify or delete features at the touch of a button. Most types of files can be modified by this software including bitmap, gif, png, jpg and tif.
How much is it?
- The cost of the Adobe Photoshop software will depend on the specific package you buy and the store you buy it from. On average, be prepared to spend anywhere from $50 to as much as $450 for Adobe Photoshop if you want to buy the software outright. Reference the chart below to see the price range for specific packages.
- According to Adobe.com, the prices range from $9 to $39 per month, depending on the amount of storage and which Photoshop version you want. For instance, the CC and Lightroom versions are $9.99 per month. In the past, you could buy the software outright; however, Adobe has switched to a monthly/yearly billing option, not allowing to buy the software as a stand-alone package.
|Elements & Premiere 12||$100 to $120|
|Photoshop Lightroom 4||$114|
|Premiere Elements 12||$110|
|CS6 Student and|
What is going to be included?
- Popular packages include CC; Lightroom 5; Elements; and Elements and Premiere.
- Photoshop is part of the Creative Cloud (CC), meaning that you will be able to upload your projects so that you can access them all from any computer you need to. This makes business projects much more convenient.
- Adobe Photoshop is enhanced with Smart Sharpen. This software “analyzes images to maximize clarity and minimize noise and halos, and it lets you fine-tune for high-quality, natural-looking results.”
- Adobe Photoshop has a feature called Camera Shake Reduction. This technology analyzes a picture that may be blurry due to slow shutter speed or camera movement and restores it to a still image.
- Adobe Photoshop offers the ability to grab and use any image that is stored in a file on your computer for easy access to logos or whatever else you may need. It can handle all different file formats.
- The text of a project is something the more important as well as the hardest part. Adobe Photoshop offers so many different type styles that you can use on any project. You can even save your favorite as the default for all of your projects.
- This software delivers state-of-the-art digital imaging effects with rich photo detail, even on the edges or side shadows. With this contemporary technology, you can perform various computer tasks such as creating business or greeting cards, composting and unwrapping UV textures. The last mentioned task is similar to 3D software modeling, only that here the image is opened on a Photoshop platform and painted online.
- Upon loading the software popular tools include the following: the pen tool, measuring, selection, cropping, moving, marquee, quick selection, magic wand and the eraser tool.
What are the extra costs?
- Users may occasionally be required to upgrade their software to new and more efficient programs; this may cost a minimal amount.
- Moreover, there also could be a mandatory renewal fee that should be paid based on the subscription plan you have selected. Creative Cloud members could pay up to $30 per month to store files on the cloud and have access to other programs like Illustrator.
- Mac versions of Adobe Photoshop tend to be 10-20 percent more expensive.
Tips to know
- To learn how to use Photoshop, you should first build some experience on how to use virtual paintbrushes. This free utility software is found on the accessories tab of most packages.
- Before downloading the Adobe Photoshop, remember to install a high-capacity graphics card with 1-2GB RAM capacity. A low-capacity storage system would only slow down your computer since the Adobe file is quite large.
- For quality editing, one can use the simple drag and drop feature or alternatively employ the import icon and specify the exact path in which the image would be modified. It is also possible to import multiple photos by selecting several images from a single folder, then placing all selected files on the original Photoshop software.
- Always be careful when buying this product from the net since some dealers sell fake programs that may harm your files.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by downloading the trial model and using it for some few months before expiry, where you would then be required to pay for the services.
- Another tip is by trying an older Adobe Photoshop version instead of new ones which tend to be more expensive. For instance, if your friend already has the old edition of this software, then it would be appropriate to borrow from them and download the program on your own computer.
- If you are a student or teacher, be sure to buy these versions to save more than 50 percent.
- Consider free alternatives, such as Gimp. There are open-source software packages that can get the job done for nothing.