How Much Does Agricultural Lime Cost?
Agricultural lime is a type of soil conditioner that can benefit soil. Agricultural lime is a soil additive that is made from pulverized limestone or chalk. It is used to correct the high levels of acidity in the soil, otherwise know as the pH level.
How much is it?
- On average, a bag can cost anywhere from $4 to as much as $10 per bag. Most bags are going to be anywhere from 40 to as much as 100 pounds per bag. The cost will depend on the quantity and where it’s purchased from.
- Agricultural lime that is purchased by the ton can range from $8 to $15 per ton. This price is based on the type of agricultural lime that will be used.
- For example, Rural King.com is an online store that sells agricultural lime. They sell agricultural lime in 40 pound bags and it goes for between $4 and $5. This type of agricultural lime is sold in pellets, which provides quick acidity adjustment to produce top yields in agriculture.
- AgriSupply.com is another online retailer that focuses on selling different agricultural supplies. They also sell pelletized agricultural lime that can be purchased for $5 to $7 per 40 pound bag of the product.
What is going to be included?
- If you guarantee a company that you will buy agricultural lime from them, they may offer to run several tests on the soil that you own. This way they will know which type of soil conditioner is best for you.
- Before actual testing is done to the field where you will plant the crops or plants, you will need to consult with the company that sells the agricultural lime. This will also be included with the services that they offer even before you buy the product from them.
- If you are going to purchase a lot of agricultural lime and are going to be a regular customer, many companies may offer a discount.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase agricultural lime by the ton, you will need to hire a trucking company that will deliver the product to you. The cost of hiring them depends on the size of the truck that they will use, which is based on the amount of agricultural lime that you will purchase. Most companies will be able to provide delivery for an additional cost.
Tips to know:
- The amount of agricultural lime that you will purchase depends on the size of the field in which the crops will be planted. Smaller quantities of agricultural lime is sold in bags; you may want to consider this before buying large amounts if you only have a small field.
- Consider consulting with agricultural lime providers to identify the pH level and determine what adjustments are needed to be done on the field.
How can I save money?
- Agricultural lime is not that expensive; although the cost will be higher for the shipping charges, consider buying the product from someone that would deliver it as well as they may reduce the cost considerably.
- Look for agricultural lime providers that offer agricultural lime at a lower price, but also consider the distance of the location since the cost can add up the farther they are from your location.