How Much Does an Anemone Bouquet Cost?
An Anemone bouquet is a great choice if you are looking for something that would be perfect for a wedding or other special event. In fact, anemones are very commonly used as bouquets for spring weddings. There are over a 100 different varieties of anemone flowers in the world. Most of them have white flowers while others are accentuated with red, yellow or purple in their petals. Their simple yet captivating beauty is the reason why they are the top choice for bouquets. Anemone bouquets can be bought at any flower shop in your area.
How much does it cost?
- There are a few specific varieties of anemone flowers that are harder to find than others. Because of this, the prices vary considerably. The location of the nursery as well as the time of the year can also have an impact on the price. Like the rest of spring flowers, anemone bouquets usually run around $100 to $180. As usual, you can buy only the flowers and do your own anemone bouquet arrangement. However, if you want to come up with a bouquet that would complement a special event, opting for a professional florist is the best thing to do.
- A big determinant of the price of the bouquet is the number of stems in the bouquet. The more flowers, the more expensive it it going to be. According to 1001weddingflowers.com, anemones are usually about $3 per stem. However, there are going to be other flowers used in the anemone bouquet as fillers and accents. The exact price will depend on what flower is to be mixed with the anemones.
- The site Etsy.com gives exact prices for pre-made anemone bouquets. For example, a silk ivory anemone wedding bouquet that is 11″ in diameter and 12″ tall costs $135 excluding the shipping and delivery fees. The site also sells bouquets in sets. The set usually includes the bridal bouquet, 2 bridesmaid bouquets, 3 boutonnieres and a toss bouquet. An anemone flower of the said package is sold around $440. Other prices range from $300 to over $400.
What is going to be included?
- Like ordinary flowers, anemone bouquets can be purchased at some local flower shops. However, since they are seasonal, there might be a difficulty in finding them. Because it may be difficult to find, the internet is a great place to find different dealers and florists that sell pre-made bouquets.
- Bouquets can be bought as packages or individually. If you need only one bouquet, you can always order one online. However, ordering this flower is not like ordering a bunch of roses. Anemones are seasonal flowers, generally available from late December to late June. This is the reason that you should contact a reputable flower shop way ahead of the date of use.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees. It is easier to buy bouquets over the internet. However, you will be the one to pay for the shipping fees. The fee for the shipping depends on your location and on the number of bouquets ordered. Etsy.com, for instance, ships all over the country and even outside US in a minimum of $20.
- Additional items. If you are buying an anemone bouquet for your wedding, you must also pair it with brides’ maid bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and other necessary items that would complement it. Needless to say, additional payment will be charged for these items. Boutonnieres and corsages, for instance, are priced from $5 to $10 each.
Factors that influence the price:
- The number of anemone stems. Custom-made bouquets can be requested. Aside from the labor, the number of stems is the determinant of the price.
- Accents. Anemones are a bit expensive; but they can be more expensive if they will be accentuated with other expensive types of flowers.
- Location. If you live outside United States, you may find difficulty ordering anemone bouquets … or if you do, you will likely pay big for the shipping fees.
- Setting. Your anemone bouquet can be set in many different ways, such as in a vase, a basket, etc. Depending on what you choose, the cost will be more per bouquet.
Tips to know:
- Anemones are a bit expensive since they are commercially grown in the United States and Holland. Not to mention that they are seasonal flowers. They are at their best from winter to early spring.
- Anemones are smaller compared to most flowers. Thus, they tend to get lost in large arrangements. The trick is to put them in small, low arrangements that will be looked at carefully.
- As per 1001weddingflowers.com, anemones are great flowers for “blending” since the petals and centers are often different colors.
Questions to ask the florist:
- How long in advance should I order anemone flowers?
- Do you give discounts for bulk orders?
- If anemones are not available, do you have any other similar flowers to recommend?
How can I save money?
- If you have the time and capabilities, you cans simply purchase anemone flowers from your local flower shop and arrange the bouquet on your own. This will not only save you a great deal of money in shipping, but you will avoid the hassles of finding a reputable site online. For help in coming up with a beautiful bouquet, just search the internet and use your creativity!