How Much Does Anger Management Cost?
Anger management is a psychological therapeutic technique done to those who struggle with excessive anger. There are many circumstances in life that can affect people in negative ways. While some rough situations may cause some to have anxiety or depression, others may suffer from anger problems. Anger makes people do and say many things that they would not normally do and say, which can affect many aspects of their lives. Being angry can put us in a situation that is both embarrassing and humiliating, especially after the anger subsides. This can affect the workplace, family, friends, etc. Anger management can help a person who struggles with anger to control his emotions. There are different techniques that can be used to lessen a person’s anger. These techniques often include relaxation methods, problem solving, and improving communication strategies.
How much is it?
- Anger management is performed by psychologists that specialize in this field. Most sessions are going to be charged per hour. The price will vary depending on the severity of the case as well as the efficiency of the psychologist. Anger management sessions are done in the psychologists’ office which usually has a serene environment that would prevent the triggering non-peaceful behavior. The location of this office can also affect the price of the therapy. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $50 to as much as $200 per session.
- If you plan on going in with a group, the session can cost anywhere from $20 to $45. A group usually consists of 4 to 12 people.
- Insurance may cover this type of program if it is deemed medically necessary by a psychologist. Be sure to check with your insurance provider to see what they will and will not cover.
- Aside from visiting a psychologist to get anger management treatment, there are ways to do accomplish the more easily. This strategy involves going online and getting the treatment through the internet. One of the websites that offer this type of service is 4 Hour Anger Management. As the name of the site implies, they can provide a 4-hour anger management treatment per session. The asking price for their services can range anywhere from $70 to $150. Keep in mind that the entire session is done online.
- Mental Health Treatment offers insight on what will be performed during a session with the psychologists during various treatments for mental conditions. According to the website, the price of anger management therapy can range anywhere between $20 and $100 per session which can last 1 to 2 hours.
- Day Break Services, a service that offers anger management classes in Southern California, offers the treatment for anywhere from $50 to $120 per session.
What is going to be included?
- The anger management classes you will be attending may offer different techniques. These will be adjusted based on how you are responding to the treatment. Relaxation and problem solving techniques will be used in accordance to what will work best for you.
- Study sessions are going to range from personal coaching, home study, group and online study courses. Each course can offer its own lesson plan to help you become anger free.
- If the class is court ordered, the clinic will print out a certificate for evidence.
What are the extra costs?
- Anger management is not accomplished within a single session; you will be required to attend multiple sessions and you will be required to pay for each session. Depending on your specific situation and personality, sessions could be needed for years before you see any results. Most find that 10 to 12 weeks will be more than enough.
- Having a personal coach come to your own home can cost two to three times the quotes mentioned above. If you need an emergency session or need the psychologist to be on call for you, there will be higher costs than the average anger management session.
Tips to know:
- If you feel that you have been compromising other people because of your behavior, you may want to seek anger management treatment immediately. But most of the time, it would be all up to you when you deal with this type of situation. Be sure to become receptive to what the psychologist has to say and perform to make the treatment more effective.
- Anger management is sometimes court ordered. This is done in situations when the judge decides that anger management therapy would be an effective way to deal with a person’s bad decisions. If this is court ordered, you will more than likely still have to pay for it.
How can I save money?
- To save money with anger management classes, be sure to find a facility that can offer the service within your area. You may also want to check which clinic offers the treatment at reduced rates to make sure that you are able to get the treatment at a price that will not break you, especially if you feel that you will need to be in therapy for an extended period of time.
- Consider going in as a group. If you receive treatment as a group rather than an individual, the prices can be drastically lower.
- There are many self-help books that may be able to help you with your problems. Consider trying one of these first; if there are no improvements, then you should seek therapy.