How Much Does an Angiogram Cost?
An angiogram is a type of medical test which helps to identify the health of a person’s blood vessels. The blood vessels are small veins that help deliver the blood throughout the body. Blood vessels would be impossible to see without the help of modern technology, but through this technology an angiogram can be performed to see the condition of the blood vessels. An angiogram is performed by using X ray imaging that makes it possible to see the blood vessels. This procedure is part of a general group of procedures which is known as cardiac catheterization.
How much is it?
- An angiogram is a procedure mostly done in modern clinics or hospitals since there are several pieces of equipment that need to be used for performing related tests such as an MRA. The different hospitals where an angiogram is performed can offer the procedure at many different prices. Other factors considered in determining the price of the procedure are the type of equipment used by the facility as well as the overall condition of the pateint.
- On average, plan on spending anywhere from as little as $2,500 to as much as $10,000 per body part without any sort of insurance. If you have insurance, most, if not all companies will cover the costs according to your policy. If you are unsure, check with your insurance company to get more details.
- The chest, head, neck and spinal tend to be less than $15,000 for an extensive test.
- According to the website We Care Medical, they offer a low cost and cheap angiogram. The company promises that the price that they offer is final and that they confirm the amount needed to be paid by the patient before an appointment is even made. They also offer same day appointments and can check patients such as pediatric, elderly as well as overweight patients. The price of angiogram as stated on their site can range anywhere from $325 to $375.
- If you do not have any insurance, you can check sites that provide the price for this test without assistance. For instance, MedicalHealthTests.com allows you to see what the price of the tests are in your area. According to the site, the price of an angiogram can range anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000 per test.
What is going to be included?
- You can expect state of the art imaging scan equipment to be used. You will also be provided with imaging CD’s that you can take to your doctor for additional testing.
- During the procedure, the patient will be hooked up to an IV while lying on a table. After the patient receives a sedative, a catheter will be inserted into a vein and pushed through the blood vessels. Once pushed, a dye will be injected and x-rays will be taken. The procedure will generally take up to three hours to perform.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved when you undergo angiogram would depend on the additional requests that you would make, such as sending results to the doctor if this is not made available to you for free.
- During the procedure, treatments can be done such as removing small blockages in the blood vessels.
- Additional tests could be required such as a stress test. Follow-up appointments with your doctor will also be necessary.
- After the procedure is completed, the patient will need to go to a recovery room for a few hours before being released. Some hospitals and clinics may include this in the initial quote, but most will charge extra.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save a few hundred dollars when you have to undergo this procedure is by contacting your insurance company and inform them about it. Let them get involved as they will pay for the necessary costs of the test. Just make sure that it is within your plan. If you do not have a health insurance plan, check eHealthInsurance.com for a good policy in your area.
- The best way to save money would be to avoid this procedure altogether. Living a healthy, active lifestyle is a natural way to keep your heart healthy rather than having to have medical procedures to keep it healthy. Eating right and exercising can save you a lot of money and trouble.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|