How Much Does an Around the World Cruise Cost?
An around the world cruise provides a chance to see the world and be awed at the marvelous creations that are unique in every location. Otherwise, the famous American author and humorist, Mark Twain, would have not have advised people to “throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
And, Ferdinand Magellan, who was said to have led the first world cruise, would have confirmed Twain’s words.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on where you want to go, the costs of an around the world cruise will be anywhere from $11,000 to as much as $200,000 per person. The cost depends on the length of voyage and the type of cabin you choose: the price would usually start around $17,000 per person for a double occupancy basic cabin to around $60,000 for the cheapest luxury cabin.
- Cruisingluxury.com, for example, introduces the following 2014 World Cruise – Grand World Voyage packages that range anywhere from $43,000 to as much as $201,000 per person. Staterooms, which are cheapest, run $43,000 to $56,000 while the penthouse suites cost anywhere from $103,000 to $202,000.
- The costs per person of a 119-day cruise on aboard Queen Mary 2 retails anywhere from $21,000 to as much as $69,000. On this particular ship, the cheapest room is rented for $21,995 while the most expensive room, the Queen Grill Suite, costs $68,995.
- On the other hand, a 116-day cruise on board Queen Victoria starts at $19,995 and can cost as much as $61,995. The suites range anywhere from $52,995 to $62,000 while a room with a balcony can run $29,995.
- Meanwhile, the costs per person of a 118-day cruise on board Queen Elizabeth start at $21,000 and cost upwards of $75,000 per person.
- Other cruise organizers quote that a 100-night, 35-port trip to five continents may cost from $11,959 and upwards. This covers Savona to Los Angeles to Singapore, and back to Savona.
What are going to be included?
- The average around the world cruise can take more than 30 days to complete. However, some cruises are less than 30 days. For example, a trip from Hong Kong to Mumbai trip takes 23 nights with 14 stopovers in 7 countries. From Mumbai to Southampton, the cruise takes 23 nights and stops at 10 ports in 9 countries. A cruise from Southampton to San Francisco takes 22 nights with 7 ports of call in 6 countries. Lastly, the San Francisco to Sydney trip takes 20 nights with 9 stopovers in 6 countries.
- Accommodations can include air conditioned rooms with television, tea and coffee making facilities, and a personal steward.
- Dining in all of the ship’s key restaurants, 24-hour buffet service, grills, barbecues, pizzerias, afternoon tea, and room service will be available while aboard the ship.
- Varied entertainment schedules, including live music, west-end style acts, motion pictures, comedy and cabaret, nightclubs, and more, will be offered to cruisers.
- Modern gym facilities, sports courts, whirlpool spas, saunas, steam rooms, and swimming pools are available to be enjoyed at all hours.
- Children’s facilities like clubs for all ages, children’s tea, night nursery, discos, and other kiddie fun activities. These activities give the parents a chance to enjoy the night alone once in a while.
What are the extra costs?
- Passengers have to pay for port fees, security, and handling service.
- Costs may not include government taxes and fees, so you can expect to be charged for it.
- Do not forget the costs of getting to the ports to board the cruise ship.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be included on board the ship.
Factors that influence the price:
- The cruise prices depend on the type of room and package you choose.
- Prices, terms, credits, discounts, allowances, taxes, airfares, fuel surcharges, and/or any of articles in the terms and conditions may change without prior notice. Therefore, it is recommended that you make your deposit and book your cruise promptly.
Tips to know:
- Pack appropriate clothing. Usually, a cruise liner will hold different theme parties and activities throughout the voyage. You may also see a wide range of temperatures throughout the trip.
- Even an octogenarian is eligible to a world cruise, provided that he carries a medical certificate within 90 days of sailing. But some insurance companies may not cover for travelers under 13 years old.
How can I save money?
- Many cruise lines offers special savings to new bookings.
- Book as far in advance as possible to receive discounts and special offers.
- For further information about discounts, savings, and special offers, you can often visit the official company website to see what you can take advantage of.
- Gather as much information as you can get by visiting various web sites of cruise organizers or travel agencies. Compare the prices of each, and from there you can decide which cruise best suits your desired itinerary. Browsing through the internet is not as time-consuming as to doing walk-ins to cruise lines or agencies can be.
- Plan your cruise carefully to avoid cancellations later on. Usually, a considerable cancellation fee will be charged to you if you have to cancel your cruise days before the departure.
- Check popular travel websites such as Priceline.com to compare hundreds of cruises that take off daily.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|