How Much Does Atlantis Swim with Dolphins Cost?
From the moment it was officially opened in 1998, the Atlantis Paradise Island proved to be one of the top resorts and water parks in the world. Located on Paradise Island of The Bahamas, Atlantis offers different activities, attractions and accommodations. One of the famous attractions that most people are excited about Atlantis is the swimming with the dolphins. Whether you want a shallow interaction or want to swim in the deeper waters, there are a few options you can take advantage of.
How much does it cost?
- An article at SkiAnything.com outlines the activities of the Dolphin Cay, Atlantis’ swimming with the dolphins. According to the website’s review for the activity, swimming with the Dolphin will cost roughly $200. This excludes the photos taken together with the dolphins.
- PokerstarsCaribbeanAdventure.com gives an information sheet about Dolphin Cay. According to the site, the price of the Shallow Water interaction is $120 to $160 per person. The Deep Water Program, on the other hand, is $190 to $210 per person. These prices will vary within the given price range depending on the time of year.
- A highlight in Dolphin Cay’s dolphin interaction is the “Dolphin Push” where in a pair of dolphins, one on each foot, propels you across the lagoon for a rush unlike any you have experienced. As per Expedia.com, you will pay $167 per person for this activity.
- Swimming with the dolphins at Dolphin Cay is also an added feature in the package that Disney Cruises offer to their customers. According to Disney.go.com, swimming with the dolphins is part of the Splashtacular and Family Adventures of Disney Cruises at Nassau. Eligible for participants ages 10 and beyond, the cost for the activity is $309. For the said price, you will have the opportunity to meet dolphins in shallow waters and swim with them in the deep waters. These are only a part of the whole package which includes the Aquaventure Waterscape and the 120-foot tall Power Tower.
- For more information on the specific prices, you can visit the official site of Atlantis at Atlantis.com.
What is going to be included?
- Before you will get to experience the joys of swimming with the dolphins, you will first learn things about dolphins and Dolphin Cay, in general, through a presentation prepared by the staff.
- Interaction with dolphins comes in two different ways: shallow water interaction and deep water swim. With the former you can play and get nose-to-bottlenose with the trained and charismatic dolphins in waist-deep water. Part of what you will pay is an amazing show of these dolphins right before your very eyes. In addition, the wetsuits, personal lockers, beach towels, and non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided to you as part of what you pay. The water interaction with the lovely mammals will last for 30 minutes.
- For the deep water swim, guests are able to glide alongside a dolphin with a hand-held water scooter or swim side by side with swim fins experiencing underwater world of the dolphins. This activity is limited to six guests per dolphin. Like the shallow interaction, this activity begins with an orientation and 30 minutes in the water with the dolphins. Also, wetsuits, personal lockers, beach towels, and non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided as part of what you have paid.
- Both shallow and deep water interaction let you enjoy an all-day access to Dolphin Cay’s luxurious private beach.
What are the extra costs?
- Photos. Once you are in the vicinity of the Dolphin Cove, you will not be allowed to bring cameras of your own. Photo opportunity with the dolphins is only for sale. In fact, it could be pricier than the whole experience itself. The all inclusive package photo package costs $249 while the starting package is $70 for only of 5 prints.
Tips to know:
- For deep water interaction, participants must be at least 10 years of age and be able to swim in deep water without support vests or assistance.
- Patience is needed in getting your photos. Sometimes, the amount of time you have to wait in line to get your professionally taken photos is longer than the dolphin experience itself.
How can I save money?
- Like most parks and resorts, you may be able to save money if you take on the Dolphin Cay, Atlantis experience in group package deal.
- Basically, you will not be able to change the costs associated with the activities. However, you can save money on the photos. As suggested by SkiAnything.com, the best option when buying photos if you have a bunch of people in a group is to get 100 photos on a CD for $149. No matter how many photos go on the CD, it will cost $149 and you will get a few prints with it as well.
- Before you go, it does not hurt to check the website to see if any travel deals are happening during a specific time period. Traveling to resorts such as Atlantis will always be cheaper during the slow season, such as when school is in session.