How Much Does an Autumn Blaze Maple Cost?
The Autumn Blaze maple tree, scientifically called an Acer x freemanii ‘Jeffersred’, is a cross between a red maple and a silver maple tree. This deciduous tree (one that loses its leaves in the fall and regrows them in the spring) that grows up to 60 feet tall got its trademark name Autumn Blaze because its green leaves turn into a vivid red-orange in autumn when temperatures drop. It is good to have Autumn Blaze at the vicinity of your home because it helps minimize your heating and cooling expenses by covering your home in the summer and letting solar heat in during winter. Another advantage of having an Autumn Blaze Maple is its beauty; it will be so bold with color that your home will catch the eye of anyone passing by.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the size, the cost of an autumn blaze maple is going to be anywhere from $10 for a seedling to as much as $400 for a tree larger than ten feet tall.
- Hybridwalnut.com, for example, sells their Autumn Blaze forMaple trees for anywhere from as little as $20 to as much as $139. The more you purchase, the more you will be able to save. A 5-6 foot tree, for instance, retails for $41 each while a tree less than 4 feet can cost $27.
- Thejagardens.com sells 4 seedlings that are less than 18 inches for $11.95 each while a tree 6-7 feet retails for $81 each.
- Lowe’s sells a 5.5 gallon tree for around $40 to $50 in their nursery.
What is going to be included?
- The Autumn Blaze can grow in any type of soil. You will not need to purchase specific soil in which to plant the tree.
- It will grow at least three feet or more in a year until it reaches its peak height.
- The tree can grow as tall as 50 feet and as wide as 40 feet (measured from leaf tip to leaf tip.
- When planting an Autumn Blaze, be sure to choose a sun location that drains properly and is away from overhead wires that might restrict its growth. Likewise, the tree should be farther than 20 feet from your driveway or walkway to prevent its roots from getting compressed as it grows. Another problem with this could be that the trees roots can cause damage to the driveway or to the foundation of the home.
- Do not plant your Autumn Blaze within 30 feet from the roadway to keep it from the salt treatment in winter. When ice or snow builds up in cold climates, the city will usually drive down each road and throw salt on the street. This salt can easily get in the yard, which means it can be absorbed by the soil. This can cause the tree from producing discolored leaves.
- When planting more than one tree, make sure to set them about 40 feet apart.
- Autumn Blaze can be planted any time of the year provided the soil is not frozen.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping and handling fees are not included in the prices given above. Depending on the size of the tree that has to be shipped, it can cost upwards of $80 per tree.
- Larger trees that have to be planted by a professional landscaping service can cost around $50 to $200 per tree to plant.
- For larger trees, be prepared to spend $50-$100 for fertilizer and a root stimulator to get it growing.
Tips to know:
- If you are interested in planting an Autumn Blaze, it is suitable for USDA planting zones 3 through 8 since it can adapt to both dry and wet seasons. The planting zones are a good reference you can use to determine whether or not a specific plant will be able to live and flourish in the weather conditions of your area. The USDA provides an excellent map which you can reference in case you do not know your zone.
- An Autumn Blaze is suitable for urban centers because this tree is tolerant to pollution that may be in the air or soil. It is also tough against diseases and insects.
- In order for your Autumn Blaze to produce vibrant colors, water it during the autumn season. This is especially important when the tree is a seedling so that it can produce solid roots.
- Autumn Blaze requires low maintenance and stays beautiful all throughout the year.
- Compared to a traditional maple, the growth rate of the Autumn Blaze Maple is three times faster.
How can I save money?
- It helps reduce your costs on home heating by allowing some solar heat into your home during winter. In like manner, Autumn Blaze can bring down your cooling expenses by shading your home in summer time.
- It is always most cost efficient to water your plants and trees after the sun has gone down or even at night. If you water during the daytime, the sun can dry out the soil quickly causing you to have to water twice as much.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|