How Much Does a Baby Humidifier Cost?
According to ibabyguide.com, “a humidifier is an electrical device used in homes to increase the humidity or moisture in a single room or in the whole house. Humidification normally becomes a must in chilly climate when constant heating turns the air very dry.” A humidifier is a must in a child’s room, especially during the winter months. The quiet whirring sounds can also soothe the baby to sleep.
How much is it?
- A baby humidifier can cost $20- $150 depending on the brand and features. A basic humidifier, such as the Safety 1st Ultrasonic 260 Degree Humidifier will cost only $25 while the Germ Guardian H1600 Digital Humidifier will cost about $130.
- For example, the highly rated Crane 2.3 Gallon Mist Humidifier retails for 44 to $54. This particular humidifier provides relief from coughs, helps with congestion and has a minimum 10 hour running time.
- Larger humidifiers that are over three to five gallons in terms of capacities can cost anywhere from $55 to $200. Humidifiers will pre-programmed features that can cater to the humidity levels automatically can be within this price range as well.
What is going to be included?
- Some humidifiers are cool-mist while others are warm-mist. This is determined by your personal preference.
- Some humidifiers come in special animal shapes or offer a star-show on the ceiling or a night light.
- Some humidifiers, such as the ones offered by Vick’s, can accommodate medicinal packets that help the child breathe when he has a cold.
What are the extra costs?
- Most humidifiers have a filter that will need to be replaced every couple of months. These filters can be purchased for $5-$10.
- Humidifiers that have a UV lightbulb built-in will commonly have to be replaced every few months, if it’s used on a continuous basis.
Tips to know:
- Consider purchasing humidifiers that have a UV Germ-Free technology feature. This type of humidifier is ideal for those with younger children as the humidifier will limit the spread of many common germs and viruses.
- Standing water based machines can be more prone to mold growth. If purchasing a machine such as this, always be sure to clean out the machine each and every night to ensure that the water is as clean as possible.
- Important factors consider when purchasing one is to determine if you want a cool mist or a warm mist feature. Also, it’s best to determine the space the humidifier will take up. Larger rooms are going to require a larger humidifier so that it can do the appropriate job.
Top brands to consider:
- Graco Baby
- Kids Line
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money on a humidifier is to purchase it during the off-season. Because humidifiers are used mainly in the winter, buying a humidifier in the spring may be your best option.
- Humidifiers can also be purchased used through services such as Amazon or through consignment sales. If purchasing one used, always make sure that it works properly. Once purchased, always make sure that you throw it through one dishwasher cycle as well as ensure that the humidifier is cleaned out properly to ensure that not mold or bacteria is left behind.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|