How Much Does a Bald Cypress Tree Cost?
Taxodium Distichum, more commonly known as the Bald Cypress tree, is a preferred home landscape choice. It can provide shade and is also a great decoration. The tree is adaptable to colder climates and has short, green, needle-like leaves during the spring season. During the fall, its leaves will turn to a copper-brown based color. A bald cypress tree can come in a miniature version as part of the bonsai collections which can be placed outdoor or indoor.
If you wish to grow a bald cypress tree, you can buy it from a local nursery or from an online dealer. You can choose from different sizes as well as different ages when picking the tree that you prefer. You can even order these plants in bulk and hire someone to plant them on your behalf.
How much is it?
- Bald cypress trees with the height of 7 to 10 feet are sold for $300-$800. There may also be pick-up price ranging from $180-$600.
- A tree that is 2-5 feet in height will cost between $10-$130.
- Bald cypress bonsai plants have prices ranging $10-$60.
What is going to be included?
- Highly priced cypress trees may include the delivery, planting fee, quarantine, and staking. However, there must be a minimum order to get a package service such as this.
- The shipping fee is also included if you buy online depending on your location.
What are the extra costs?
- Most local nurseries are going to charge for home delivery.
- In order to plant the trees you may need to remove other plants in the designated area. You can hire someone to do this extracting for you as well as the planting, but this will be an extra charge. This type of labor is going to vary greatly in price.
- Additional items such as soil, stakes, and more may be required in order to ensure that the tree is planted properly.
Tips to know:
- The bald cypress tree can grow anywhere from 30′ to as high as 100′ depending on the climate and tree. The average width can be between 20′ to 30′.
- This type of tree can be grown in a wide variety of soils that can range from wet to dry.
- The bald cypress has leaves that tend to be dark green through the summer months. In the fall months, the tree leaves will have an orange color.
How can I save money?
- Different nurseries and gardens may offer different prices, so look for those who can give you a tree at lowest price. Compare at least 3 nurseries in your area to find the best prices.
- Purchase in bulk and most nurseries will give you a discount.
- Instead of hiring someone to plant the tree for you, you may do it yourself in order to save the labor cost.
- In the beginning of the season, look for coupons in local newspapers to see if you can take advantage of local offers.
- If you want to get the trees installed professionally, consider using Service Magic to help you find a landscape company in your area.