How Much Does The Bald Head Island Ferry Cost?
If you want to relax and have a good time with family and friends, nature offers you plenty of beautiful places from which you can choose. One of these can be found on Bald Head Island, 2 miles off the North Carolina coast at the mouth of the Cape Fear River. The only way to gain access to Bald Head Island is via a ferry that from Southport’s Indigo Plantation Ferry Terminal.
How much is it?
- Round-trip ferry tickets for adults cost $15-$23 each, and round-trip ferry tickets for children between 3 and 12 cost $8-$14 each. Children under 3 may take the ferry at no cost.
- There are resorts that may offer special packages at an additional cost. For instance, the round trip ticket for adults costs $24 and $17 for children.
- Tourist may also consider the Historic Island tour package, which will cost anywhere from $40-$45 per head depending on the age of the guest. This tour package includes the ferry ride.
- $15 cargo tickets must be purchased for large items such as bikes, kayaks, or canoes. Each large item requires its own ticket.
- For up-to-date pricing, be sure to check out their official site at BaldHeadIsland.com.
What is going to be included?
- The cost mentioned is for a round trip ticket for the ferry alone from the ferry terminal to Bald Island. Upon entering the parking lots, guests will obtain a parking ticket that should be placed in safekeeping until their departure. A shuttle bus will be available to transport them to the ferry terminal.
- The tour package includes roundtrip ferry ticket and admission to Smith Island Museum & Old Baldy Lighthouse. You will also receive a coupon good for 10% off when you dine at Maritime Market Café or Eb and Flo’s Restaurant the day of your visit. This tour will require reservations, so call ahead when planning your trip.
What are the extra costs?
- Items such as fishing rods, grocery bags, open boxes, and any other open baggage must be hand-carried onto the ferry. Larger items will be subject to the $15 cargo fee.
- Guests must pay an extra cost for the parking which will depend on the parking space to be occupied and the length of stay. Parking Lot B is $7.00 per day, and Parking Lots C and D are $5.00 per day.
How can I save money?
- You can receive discounts from tour packages such as the ones mentioned above.
- Be a light traveler and try to avoid bringing large items on board, such as bikes and canoes, to save on the cargo fees.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|