How Much Does a Baldwin Piano Cost?
Baldwin pianos, first introduced in 1895, are among the finest and the most popular brands of pianos. The Baldwin Company has manufactured many different models and a variety of types, from the smallest upright piano for beginners to the grand concert piano for professional pianists.
How much is it?
- The price of the piano depends on the model. (Look for the serial number to figure out its model.) Baldwin Acrosonic Upright pianos have a price ranging between $600 and $10,000.
- A Baldwin Grand Piano ranges from $10,000 to $75,000. Even if used and refurbished, grand pianos can be in this same price range or even have a price higher than this if it’s an older piano that has been restored.
- ColoradoPianoBuyersGuide.com has a list of many various Baldwin piano models. They note the type of piano, the size as well as the style and finish. According to the site, the prices can range from $2,000 to as much as $125,000+
Factors that influence the price:
- The model of the Baldwin piano can greatly influence the price, especially if it’s not manufactured anymore. Antique pianos that are in fantastic shape can fetch a rather high figure.
- There are two types of Baldwin pianos that are an upright or a grand. A grand piano is going to cost more than an upright piano on average.
- The size of the piano will influence the overall price. Common sizes are going to include 36″, 38″, 40″, 42 1/2″, 45″ and more.
- The style and finish can be a factor as well. Common styles can include cherry, pecan, walnut and oak.
What is going to be included?
- Tax and shipping may be or may not be included in the price. Before paying, you need to inquire whether or not it is included.
- The pedals and bench are usually included. There are sellers who would ask you for an additional fee for the piano bench. This is generally in the listing if you purchase from an online dealer.
What are the extra costs?
- A piano bench may be included in the price you have paid, but if not you may add $500 to $2,000 to your total cost.
- The restoration cost of a used piano may vary from one professional to another but will usually fall somewhere between $5,000-$8,000.
- For tuning maintenance, you may also spend $70-$150 per hour. This may need to be done once or twice a year.
- Adjustment of the pedals can be another additional cost.
- If delivery cost is not included in the purchase, you will need to hire a moving company that will secure your Baldwin piano. Make sure the company you choose is experienced in moving pianos specifically.
- Consider other optional additional prices that may include piano lessons, sheet music and tuning down the road.
How can I save money?
- If you have an old piano to trade in, your price may be significantly less.
- Shop online to find the best used or new price. There are many Baldwin Pianos for sale and you can choose different models that suit your budget. Check eBay and Craigslist if you want to purchase a used model.
- Check the product before buying it to evaluate if it is worth the price; you might incur more expenses for necessary repairs.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|