How Much Does a Banquet Hall Cost?
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/howmuch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whydowork-adsense/whydowork_adsense.php on line 332
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/howmuch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whydowork-adsense/whydowork_adsense.php on line 340
A banquet hall is a large room made with the intention of facilitating a banquet, a reception, a party, or any other large social event. These halls are often situated in buildings of clubs, hotels, or within a restaurant. There are even fraternal organizations that put up their own and have them available to be rented out as a way to raise funds for their organization. Certain apartment buildings and condo owners’ organizations have these halls to confine the noise of their intergroup parties away from the inhabited units. The leasing costs are going to greatly vary depending on your location, how many people are attending, what you wish to be included, and more.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of renting a banquet hall without any sort of catering or other services is going to range anywhere between $500 and $1,800. The average banquet hall is $1,244 according to the Bridal Association of America.
- For example, an up-scale hotel such as the Hilton will rent out their banquet halls at around $55 to $70 per person. This is going to include the food, the setup, and more.
What are the extra costs?
- Some banquet halls will add extra charges to cover liability insurance, table and chair usage, and more. These costs can add up and need to be looked at when considering a banquet hall.
- For those that want to have a catering service come to the banquet hall, or use the service within the hall, the catering service is going to start at $8 a person and may reach as high as $80 a person depending on what type of food you want served.
- Other charges you will also want to consider are those that you will spend to hire someone to help with the setup, cleaning, bartending services, etc.
- Every extra hour or amount of extended time incurs additional costs.
- Sound systems are going to cost extra as well.
- A security deposit is going to be needed in order to secure the reservation. This is going to protect the hall from any damages done.
- If you would like to have an open bar, this will be an extra charge. This can increase the per-person price by $10-$20.
What is going to be included?
- The quoted price only covers the rental fee for the banquet hall you booked. Most hall owners are going to give you a paper as to what you are going to get with your money.
How can I save money?
- Every banquet hall has its peak hours where guests just flow in immensely. You can choose a non-peak time slot for your event so that you can effectively work out costs to cut expenses. For example, having you even on a Thursday night is much cheaper than having it on a Friday night.
- For pre-planned events, it is wise to book the banquet hall well in advance so you can discuss the most sensible price you can pay in accordance with the establishment.
- One part that can help you reduce the expenses greatly is the food selection. While deciding on the menu, choose the food items that use easy-to-find ingredients. It is also usually cheaper to go with the banquet hall’s catering service rather than an outside service.
- If you cannot afford a higher-end hall such as an upper class hotel, consider other lower cost alternatives such as VFW halls and more. If your event is in the summer and nice weather is likely, have your event outside at a local park.