How Much Does Barbed Wire Fencing Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Barbed wire fencing is an effective and inexpensive way to place protection around your fields since barbed wire fencing consists only of wire with sharp edges placed along the strands at an interval. When this type of fencing was introduced in the United States, it allowed for a more affordable fencing solution in larger areas. Many farmers and even high-security companies have chosen barbed wire fencing to prevent the escape of their animals and to protect their belongings.
How much is it?
- Barbed wire fencing is purchased in bundles, and depending on the length of the wire, the price could vary. The strength of the wire also plays a crucial role in determining the price for the barbed wire. On average, expect to pay $60 to $150 for 1,000 – 1,300 feet of wire.
- A 2 point barbed wire that has a galvanized coating can provide a long life to the wire and can cost anywhere between $80 and $130. These wires also have a length of 1,320 feet and have a 12.5 gauge wire.
- 4 pointed barbed wires with a 15.5 gauge barbed wire that has a class 3 galvanization for an extra layer of protection to prolong the wires longevity range from $50 to $76 per 1,000 feet.
- A brick and mortar store such as Tractor Supply Company sells barbed fire for a roll that can range from $60 to as much as $155 per roll.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the item is the barbed wire itself and some packages will include tips for installation. There are some varieties that will include a handle which allows safety when carrying the wire. This bundle is packaged tightly for easy carrying and installation.
What are the extra costs?
- Since barbed wire fencing has sharp edges, it is unsafe to work on it with bare hands. Thick gloves are going provide protection for your hands.
- To connect wires together, you’ll have to purchase fence wire splices. These allows wire ends to be spliced together.
- Posts will be needed to install the barbed wire properly as well as post diggers and more. This will only be required if you choose to do the job yourself.
- Additional materials such as posts will be required every 10 to 30 feet depending on the type. These posts can greatly vary anywhere from $5 to as much as $35 per post depending on the size.
- If you have to have a professional install the barbed wire for you, the price can range anywhere from $2 to as much as $6 per foot depending on the complexity of the job.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Buy the right amount of barbed wire fencing. To save money, you should just get enough or if you happen to buy a longer barbed wire, then save the remaining wires and keep it for future use.
- Buy barbed wire fencing that doesn’t require stretching to save on stretching tools that can add to the cost.
- If hiring a professional fencing company, be sure to use services such as Service Magic to find the cheapest quote in your town.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|