How Much Does a Basketball Cost?
The price of a basketball will depend on your purpose in buying it. The prices will vary greatly, from as little as $5 to a much as $100, when comparing a basic rubber playground ball to a practice ball to a genuine leather game ball.
How much is it?
- If you are looking for an outdoor ball for your child, your best bet is a cheap rubber ball such as the Voit Indoor/Outdoor rubber youth basketball from as little as $7.50.
- If you are looking for a decent ball with which your team can practice in the gym, a ball such as the MacGregor X100 microfiber indoor ball will do the trick. This will cost between $20 and $30.
- Indoor basketballs that are made of a composite material are going to cost the most, while an indoor/outdoor ball can cost anywhere from $19 to $30.
- If you are in need of a game ball, a great ball to consider is the Spalding TF-1000 ZK or ZK Pro. Both of these can be purchased for $40-$50.
- A genuine leather basketball, such as the Spalding Official NBA Ball, will cost about $100.
What are the extra costs?
- Balls that have an official NBA or high school association seal will cost more than one without the seal.
- An air pump is recommended for balls that don’t have a self-pump built within. A pump can start at $5.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money when buying one ball is to watch the sales ads of specific stores in your area to get the best deal.
- Check for coupons both online or consider purchasing coupons on eBay. Many sport stores have sales and promotions where you can save up to 40%+ on your purchase.
- If you are buying basketballs for a team, the best way to save money is to by a set of basketballs (usually 12 or 15). Most companies sells each basketball cheaper if you are buying more than 10.
Top brands to consider:
How to compare prices:
- Call around to different team sales companies, such as Overstock, and see which company gives the best incentives for buying your equipment through them. Some companies charge a fee to join or a monthly or yearly membership fee but have greater discounts and incentives. Other companies have no fee to join or membership fees, but their only incentives are the basic group discounts.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|