How Much Do Child Beauty Pageants Cost?
A child beauty pageant is open to all contestants that are under the age of 18 years. During these pageants, a panelist of judges will conduct interviews and watch a talent performance that includes sportswear, casual, swim, and more. There may also be themed pageants that include talents; these can include outfits such as western wear or another related theme. The cost of a pageant is going to greatly depend on the association holding it, the location, as well as many other factors.
How much is it?
- Beauty pageants can work in many various ways. For example, some pageants may ask the parents to sell “sponsor tickets.” These tickets will be anywhere from $1 to $20. With these tickets, someone will be able to get admitted to the show, and upon entering the ticket can be entered into a raffle.
- On average, plan on spending $20 to $750 for the entry fee alone. The more prestigious the pageant is, the more you’re likely to pay.
- For example, the Dream Girls USA Pageant has a $175 booking fee for those that are part of the Alumni.
- Overall, a beauty pageant can cost anywhere from $200 to as much as $4,500 for the complete set up that includes the clothing, registration, travel and more.
What are the extra costs?
- Traveling expenses can get rather pricey when it comes to pageants. Since most pageants are going to be outside of your home’s area, lodging and other travel related expenses such as gas and food will be required.
- Pageant outfits such as dresses, swim wear, and more can cost anywhere from $150 to as much as $5,000 depending on what is purchased. Like any purchase that is made related to clothing, the final price will come down to the brand, style, designer, etc.
- On top of the clothing, additional expenses to consider are the makeup and hair styling.
- For parents that get serious about their children getting into the pageants, many opt to hire a talent coach to help their child learn the ropes. A coach is going to be able to help your child succeed in many popular pageants.
What is going to be included?
- Each beauty pageant is going be widely different than the next. Most pageants will include a few different sessions that may require talent, interviews, and themed clothing sessions where your child will showcase particular outfits.
- Some pageants may reward all contestants regardless of the outcome. This may include a certificate, medal, or some sort of memorabilia.
- Generally, the top 3 winners will receive a cash prize that can be anywhere from $50 to as much as $10,000. The child pageants usually have lower payouts than the adult pageants.
How can I save money?
- Most pageants will have a website that gives you all the information that you want to know about it. If a first place prize is what you want in the end, be sure to do the math to ensure that the pageant will be worth it. It is silly to go after a $100 prize when you spend over $10,000 to get there.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|