How Much Does a BiPAP Machine Cost?
A BiPAP machine is one of the many machines that has been invented for medical purposes. There are many diseases and conditions that can be hard to diagnose and hard to treat. With the advent of machines such as this one, however, some of these conditions can be rectified.
The BiPAP machine is used to effectively manage obstructive pulmonary disease and acute respiratory failures in patients. While these diseases are usually mild and simply cause interrupted sleep patterns, they can be considered fatal since they may prevent people from breathing while sleeping. BiPAP are used to steady a person’s breathing pattern while sleeping, allowing the patient’s mind to be at ease knowing that he is going to get a good night’s rest.
How much is it?
- There are several manufacturers that make BiPAP machines, and each one can sell them at different price. BiPAP machines can also have different capabilities and features and depending on these features, the price can be different as well. Suppliers would also have the tendency to put overhead costs that can make the same model of a machine’s price different at various stores. On average, a machine can cost anywhere from $450 to as much as $2,500.
- If you do not have sufficient budget to pay for a brand new BiPAP machine, you can consider buying a used one. These can cost about a quarter to half the price of a brand new BiPAP machine.
- For example, MySleepApnea.com is an online store that sells BiPAP machines. Their online store sells different products for improving any illness related to respiratory problems. The price for the machines that they offer, depending on the model and varying features and capabilities, can range anywhere from $899 to $2900.
What is going to be included?
- BiPAP machines can be very small in size; some are even made smaller than an averaged sized alarm clock. Inclusions in the package can be different, but the machine usually has tubing, a power cord, foam and fine filter as well as a set up guide. Most will also come with some sort of carrying and storage case.
- Most manufacturers will provide a warranty for their devices which allows consumers to have it replaced if the product fails within a given time due to factory defects.
What are the extra costs?
- Attachments and other accessories can be purchased for the machine. The most important parts other than the parts of the actual machine are the mask and the tube that connects to it. Full facial and nasal masks can be purchased for anywhere from $80 to $200.
- Since the device can be used during sleeping, the masks can be ineffective if the mouth is left wide open. To control this, there are chin supports that can be purchased to keep the mouth closed so the tube will not fall off.
- If a carrying case is not included, you may want to consider purchasing one for protection. You may also need a rechargeable battery.
Tips to know:
- BiPAP machines are used as a form of support to maintain healthy conditions of the human body. Do not rely on them for treatment alone and make sure that you visit a physician as often as possible.
How can I save money?
- If you do not have the money for this type of investment, there are used BiPAP machines available. But for sanitation purposes, you should purchase a new set of masks; this will still be cheaper than buying a brand new machine.