How Much Does a Birch Tree Cost?
A Birch tree is a type of tree that is closely related to the breech and oak trees. Birch trees are very flexible and can be used as a main component in various by products that are commonly produced from it. Among the many uses of this tree is plywood, which can be used for home construction and long boards. In addition to the lumber provided by the Birch tree, extracts can be used for flavoring or leather oil as well as in cosmetics and shampoo. Aside from this, birch trees are great for landscaping; their towering heights provide a majestic sight that looks great and is easy to care for.
How much is it?
- Birch trees can be purchased from different farms and the price at which they offer the trees can vary. Several types of birch trees are also available for sale and depending on their type, the price will also vary. Other factors that can affect the price of a birch tree are the height and the age of the tree.
- On average, a birch tree can range anywhere from $5 to as much as $200. This is going to greatly depend on the size of the tree and the time of year. A tree that is smaller than 4 feet tall will be less than $10 while a tree that is taller than 9 feet will cost more than $85 per tree.
- For example, PorkyFarm.com sells a variety of birch trees such as white birch and paper birch. These trees are sold for $12 to $18 each. The regular price is$18, but when you purchase 5 or more the price can go as low as $12 each plus shipping and handling.
- The Arbor Day Foundation has a membership program that enables each member to save up to $4 for each tree purchased. The price of birch trees can be anywhere from $5 to $9 through this foundation.
What is going to be included?
- Birch trees have several features such as a unique peeling cinnamon colored bark. They also grow quickly and can reach up to 40 to 70 feet in height.
- There are several varieties of birch trees from which you can choose but they grow in different conditions.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping of the tree will be shouldered by the buyer; this would usually cost a minimum of $15 shipping charge. Other additional costs that can be considered are state taxes.
- If you hire a professional to plant the tree for you, this will cost extra.
- To maintain the tree, there are a variety of ways to ensure that they grow well. If you do not have the time to maintain it, you will need to hire landscapers to ensure that the trees are well taken care of.
Tips to know:
- As mentioned earlier, birch trees need specific conditions to grow properly. The trees should be planted in soils that have enough nutrients to accommodate the growth of the tree. Make sure that you apply organic fertilizers that can boost the growth of the trees.
How can I save money?
- Birch trees are sold in small or large varieties and their price would vary depending on this. You may consider buying smaller trees as they can be cheaper and you would value them more since they grew up under your supervision.
- Look at different nurseries that sell birch trees and try to locate the closest one. This will allow you to save on shipping fees. It also does not hurt to look for coupons during the planting seasons to see if there are any deals that you can take advantage of.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|