How Much Does a Birth Certificate Cost?
A birth certificate is a vital record that holds information regarding a person’s birth and can be described as an original document that certifies the circumstances of a birth. Every important event in a person’s life should be recorded and there should be documentation that proves it. If you are a graduate, you receive a diploma; if you worked for a company, they provide you with work certificates. Each is proof that you have accomplished what is mentioned on the document. A birth certificate is necesssary to do many things in life, such as enter into a school or to get a liscense or a passport. If you birth certificate has been misplaced or ruined, one can be issued by the government; a form will need to be filled out which will be transferred to the document.
How much is it?
- The price of getting a birth certificate varies depending on the state in which you will be getting it. There are several ways to obtain one, but the fastest is through the internet. Offline application methods are also available, but you will have to visit the specific governing body that processes the birth certificate.
- On average, getting a birth certificate copy from your state is going to vary anywhere from $20 to as much as $90. Keep in mind that in order to get your birth certificate, you are going to need two forms of identification as well as your social security card.
- As mentioned earlier, the cost to have a birth certificate varies by state. The state of Texas offers different ways to acquire birth certificates and the price range anywhere from $22 to $30. More information can be found on the site of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Birth certificate in the state of California costs differently; according to a website that offers processing services for birth certificates, the price can range from $22 to $90.
What is going to be included?
- If you visit the government offices that process the birth certificate, they will be able to process one within 30 minutes to 2 hours; this is for short form birth certificates. Long form birth certificates can take longer and may need several days for processing.
- Some states would include express delivery for birth certificates which can allow you to save money.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved in having your birth certificate processed is the processing fee collected by service providers that can get the birth certificates for you if you do not have the time to get them. Service providers such as Birth Certificate Passports offer the service for around $49 for birth certificate processing.
- Some states do not pay for the shipping of the birth certificates, so the person acquiring it would have to pay for this.
Tips to know:
- Birth certificates are not that hard to obtain; they can be processed online and you would only have to worry about the payment for the shipping once you have completed the request form for the document.
- If you want to have your birth certificate to be processed faster, you can also visit the office which processes the birth certificate since they can process it for a few minutes to 2 hours of the same day.
How can I save money?
- Convenience can cost you money; it would be your option to choose whether or not to process the request for the document online where you will have to pay for the processing fee as well as the fee for the delivery of the birth certificate. You can opt to visit the office, but consider other costs such as gasoline not to mention the time you have to spend processing it yourself.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|