How Much Does a Bite Guard Cost?
Bite guards are used to protect the teeth, restore their surfaces, and manage certain types of jaw dysfunction. Bite guards prevent the painful experience of bruxism; this is the habit which is also known as night time clenching. This habit is not only detrimental to your teeth, but it can also be an annoyance to those sleeping around you.
Bite guards are usually made of heat cured acrylic resin and other filler materials. Depending on the materials used to manufacture the bite guard, the durability of it can vary. There are different types of bite guards that children and adults can use. Soft bite guards can be used by children while hard splints should be used by adults.
How much is it?
- Bite guards come in different sizes and they are usually sold at varying prices. They are generally sold at local stores and are therefore subject to competitive pricing. The size of the bite guard would also play a factor in the price for which the guard is sold. Some bite guards have additional features that can also affect the price.
- On average, the price for bite guards can range from $9 to $60 depending on the number of bite guards that are included in the package that you purchased.
- For example, the highly rated Doctor’s Nightguard Advanced Comfort retails for $17 to $31. The Dental Hygiene Preferred Complete Night Guard retails for $21 to $28.
- DentalDepot.com is an online retailer that sells bite guards along with many other dental needs. They offer wholesale bite guards that are sold at discounted price. Other dental products that they sell are often used for commercial purposes. Bite guards that are sold here are priced anywhere between $12 and $35 per package.
What is going to be included?
- Some of the bite guard manufacturers have patented form fit technology that allows the bite guard to fit perfectly to the mouth. The bite guard molds into the teeth which allows for custom fit.
- Bite guards may also include a vented case in which you can store the bite guard, and they also have care instructions to get the most use out of the product.
- Some companies that offer bite guards also include 100% money back guarantee in any case the bite guard breaks.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs include storage cases for bite guards which will prevent it from getting exposed to bacteria. These are available in packs of three and are usually sold for around $5 at different stores.
- A dentist can also make you a bite guard that is specifically made for your mouth. While this will be much more expensive, it will also be better for your teeth since it is made just for you.
Tips to know:
- A visit to the dentist is usually required so that you can check for a permanent solution for things such as bruxism or other types of teeth deficiencies. Make sure that you visit your dentist at least twice a year.
- Bite guards are usually used by people for bruxism; since they do not have control over the situation as it happens while a person is asleep, simply sleeping with a mouthguard can solve the problem.
How can I save money?
- To save money, there are bite guards that are sold in packs that can be cheaper per guard compared to purchasing them individually. Also, you may want to purchase bite guards that include guard kits and other accessories that you can use with the bite guard.
- Bite guards can be purchased at different stores and are offered at different prices. Check out the different stores that sell them and base your decision to purchase on the price for which they are sold.
- If you decide to get a mouth guard made by your dentist, your insurance may cover all or part of this. Check with them to see what your coverage includes. If you don’t have insurance, DentalPlans.com offers saving policies that can save you more than 60%!
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|