How Much Does a Bobcat Rental Cost?
Bobcat is a manufacturer of large machines that are often seen on construction sites or remodeling projects. There are many different types of trucks that can be rented, such as loaders, scrapers, excavators, back hoes, etc. There are many different home improvement jobs that would be made a lot easier by renting a machine such as a bobcat. A bobcat rental is a common choice for most farmers and other people inclined in the construction and agricultural industry. Named after one of the world’s leading companies for heavy equipment, bobcat equipment is the term given for equipment used for heavy hauling, such as railroad cars, semi trucks, trailers, and dump trucks.
How much does it cost?
- The specific equipment to be rented actually depends on the job that needs to be done. However, the usual rentals are that of mini excavator, track loaders, mini tractors, backhoes, scrapers and the like. Such machines are usually rented per hour or per day. The average rental costs are usually around $100 to $200 for a day. However, the price can rise according to the size of the bobcat needed.
- For example, a scraper or similar equipment for leveling a gravel driveway costs $50 to $70 a day. A small backhoe, on the other hand, can be around a hundred to $300 for a day.
- Other rental companies offer prices for a week’s rent. Crownrent.com, one of the leading rental companies in the country, has equipment such as augers and breakers that cost more than a thousand dollars for the week. Other equipment such as excavators, bobcat breakers, planers and hydraulic breakers average $650 to $900 per week.
- Some companies such as the All American Tool Rental offer prices per four hours of rental. Specific prices for four hours of rent or for a day of use are listed on its site at Allamericanrental.com. A bobcat loader, for example, can be rented at $180.00 per 4 hrs or $245.00 per day. Other equipment such as a boring machine with two 10′ rods, Bobcat Grapple and Air Comp Kit can be rented at less than a hundred dollars per four hours of use.
- If your project is going to take up to a month and needs the help of bobcat equipment, you can opt for monthly rental offered by some rental companies. Bobcatrental.ca, for example, gives monthly rental rates either for domestic or corporate use. A Bobcat Rubber Track Mini Excavator, for instance, can be rented at $3,800 for a month of domestic use and $3,650 for corporate use.
What is going to be included?
- Renting equipment can be easy since there are a lot of companies that lease bobcat equipment to people and businesses who need them. However, there are many mistakes that can be made when renting this type of equipment. That is the reason that you should know the do’s and don’ts in renting equipment. First, you need to be specific on the type of equipment you need in order to complete your job. If you rent the wrong truck, you will still be charged for it. You also need to make an exact calculation of how long you will need the equipment. If you need the truck for longer but the company needs it returned for another customer, you will have to pay late fees. Once you figure out what type of truck you need and exactly how long you will need it, you can consult your preferred supplier for the prices and agreement.
- In regards to handling the equipment, you can ask the rental store employees on how to use it safely and effectively. If you are confident on how to operate it without any hassle, you can do it on your own. Otherwise, you will pay for a company representative to operate the equipment for you.
- Some companies require a deposit before you can use the equipment to be rented.
- Most companies will include the price of drop off and pick up in the price quoted for the rental.
What are the extra costs?
- Operator’s fee. As mentioned, you can ask the rental store for an operator if you are uncertain on how to operate the equipment rented. However, expect to pay more since you are also having to pay the hourly rate of the operator. This may double the price. In fact, renting equipment with an operator can be around $200 to $1,500 or more per day, depending on the type of equipment.
- Permits. If you are planning a land grading project, your budget must not be limited to the bobcat equipment to be rented. Expect to pay for a grading permit required by the local government. The fees range from $50 to a thousand dollars, depending on the size of the project and the city in which you live.
Tips to know:
- For bigger land grading projects, the company usually sends a representative to check and review the planning documents of the party who wants to rent the equipment before giving the exact price or quote for it. This is in accordance with the construction grading practices that are set by the state. This will also help you determine which type of bobcat you will need; when you describe your project to the rental company representative, he can tell you exactly what equipment you should use.
- Before signing an agreement, make sure to check for any hidden costs like insurance or late-return fees. You must not be lured into renting equipment with facets and additional features that will not really help in the job completion.
- To be certain of the safety of the equipment, always inspect it personally and ask the rental store or company to review any safety and maintenance records.
How can I save money?
- Aside from looking around for the best rental store that offers low prices, there is not much you can do if you are in need of renting equipment. However, it would be great if you will be the one to operate the equipment. By doing so, you can save a great deal of money on paying an operator. If you are unsure how to operate it, ask around to your friends and family members. Chances are you will know someone who can help you.