How Much Does a Bobcat Tractor Cost?
Bobcat tractors have become a household name as they prove to be high quality, tough and durable. If you are a farmer, you probably already know the importance of tractors with plowing, feeding and planting crops. In fact, a tractor is probably the most important tool a farmer can have. Without these machines, farming would still be done primitively. When we talk of tractors, it would be very impossible not to cite Bobcat tractors. With a wide range of sizes and models, Bobcat tractors are considered to be one of the most famous and quality brands for agricultural equipment including tractors. They are useful from the day of land tilling all the way through harvest time.
How much does it cost?
- Bobcat tractors come in many different sizes and models. Each model has its own specifications and special mode of use. Thus, the prices can vary differently.
- Specific models of Bobcat tractors such as CT235, CT335 and CT445SST Compact Tractors range from $18,000 to $24,000; this is according to the official site of Bobcat, Bobcat.com. Other tractor models can almost go as high as $30,000. The CT450 Compact Tractor, for instance, has a suggested price of $27,317. However, these prices may increase based on the dealers. For exact prices, you can use the site to find a bobcat dealer that is near to you. You can also check Bobcat.com for the suggested price for each tractor model.
- For instance, Tractorhouse.com features Bobcat tractors for sale. Since most of the tractors being auctioned are previously owned, their prices are reasonably low. A 2012 Bobcat CT235, for example, is usually bid at around $10,000 to $12,000, contrary to its original brand new price which is around $18,500 to $19,500.
- You can also buy Bobcat tractors online without going through the hassles of bidding at an auction. Websites such as EquipmentTraderOnline.com let its clients place their orders through the site. An interested buyer can just click over the tractor being sold and then can contact the seller for the purchase. Most Bobcat tractors are priced from $16,000 to $30,000, depending on the exact model.
- Like a car, a Bobcat will vary depending on its model, features, and capabilities. Overall, it is important to budget anywhere from $15,000 to as much as $40,000.
What is going to be included?
- The included items buyers can get out of the tractor they buy depend on the model and of the agreement upon purchase. Most tractors come package already. That means that the front end loader, tiller, backhoe, mower deck, snow blower and other necessary equipment are already included. However, other dealers specify that some detachable parts of the tractor are not included in the purchase. Thus, you need to pay extra if you want to take hold of them. Make sure you ask what is included before you make a purchase.
- Buying a Bobcat tractor can be more easily done with the help of some reputable sites or, better yet, at the official site of Bobcat Equipment. You can simply select the Bobcat tractor of your liking and look for the dealers near you.
- Most tractor purchases includes a warranty. Depending on the dealer, the warranty for the Bobcat tractor is at least a year. Like any other equipment purchase, tractor warranty is subject to change if the owner does not meet the necessary agreement.
What are extra costs?
- Insurance. You should check with your agent or dealer if the tractor you are about to buy is covered in your insurance. If not, then you may need to change your plan to include it. This will most likely change your monthly premium.
- Other inclusions. As mentioned, some dealers do not include some important attachments with the Bobcat tractor. You may buy the tractor for less than ten grand, but the amount will add up as you buy other important inclusions such as loader, backhoe, and mower deck. The loader, for example, can be about $2,000 or more.
Factors that influence the price:
- Specific Bobcat tractor model. As cited above, the prices for tractors depend on the exact model.
- Location. If you are in a city where there is no Bobcat dealer, you will have a difficulty placing an order for one. You can only make use of the internet. However, there will be shipping fees and other extra fees once you purchase one online. It is also known that cities with tight competition offer relatively lower prices compared to cities without much competition.
Tips to know:
- Like cars, tractors must undergo some maintenance that must be done routinely. This will enable the tractor to work for a long time at a minimum cost.
- According to Vinsonfarm.net , you should also buy an operator’s manual and parts and services manuals whenever you buy a tractor. This will help if you plan to do any work on it yourself.
How can I save money?
- Because Bobcat tractors are so well made, you can buy used tractors that are still high quality. Used yet durable tractors can be bought at a reasonably low price. You can save about 25-50% of the entire price when you purchase used Bobcat tractors. Great websites to start at can include Craigslist.org.
- If you only use the tractor occasionally, you can opt to rent one rather than buy a new one. Renting makes you control expenses and will eliminate the hassles of tractor maintenance. Apart from saving money, renting allows you to save time and gain peace of mind by eliminating licensing costs, paperwork, and insurance changes.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|