How Much Do Bouncy Castles Cost?
A bouncy castle is one of the many types of inflatable play areas commonly known as moonwalks. Common during birthday parties and other family-oriented activities, bouncy castles are a joy for kids of all ages. After all, spending hours bouncing on an air-filled toy is just so entertaining, especially for those under the age of 10. With the presence of a bouncy castle, a simple event can turn into a fun party for kids and kids at heart.
How much does it cost?
- The exact prices for bouncy castles will vary according to the size and the added features of the inflatable castle. Overall prices will range from $300 to over $1,300. However, there are bouncy castles that are priced around a hundred dollars but lack the features (such as slides) that make the inflatable toy more exciting. These smaller one will probably only accommodate 2-5 kids at a time whereas the large ones could hold 10-15.
- The online business-to-business trading platform Alibaba.com features various bouncy castles from different manufacturers with prices that are usually determined by the castle’s size. An octopus inflatable bouncy castle, for example, measuring 6 meters in length and width and 5 meters in height can cost $500 and $1,300.
- The Blast Zone Magic Castle retails for $285 to $400, while the smaller Intex Jump-O-Lene retails for $65 to $100.
- Renting the bouncy castle, on the other had, is expected to be a lot cheaper than buying a new one. However, the rental fee is determined by individual companies. The rental is usually for a day’s activity. Other rental companies even give discounts if you rent two bouncy castles at a time. Rentabouncycastle.ca, for example, offers a water slide and a castle together for a price of $400 – $475 for the day. Keep in mind that these companies will have the higher-end castles that often are hard to buy at local stores.
- If you do not want any of the extras and you’re just interested in renting, plan on budgeting around $100 to $200 for the entire day.
What is going to be included?
- Like any other purchase, buying a bouncy castle is relatively easy. It can be done online or at most toy stores all over the country.
- Most bouncy castles have warranty from one year to three years. However, there are certain points in the warranty that if violated will void the warranty of the bouncy castle bought.
- Repair kit and instruction are also included in the purchase of the bouncy castles. These are important for proper installation and for repair in the event that your bouncy castle encountered some minor problems.
- The bouncy castle should come with the machine that inflates it. This over-sized air pump is usually specifically made for bounce houses of different types.
- If the bouncy castle is rented, the company will normally set it up where you direct them to and then take it down when the rental is over.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees. If you buy your bouncy castles online, expect to shoulder the shipping expenses. Not to mention the added taxes.
- Additional Rentals. There are many other things that you can rent in addition to bouncy castles. If you choose to rent any other inflatables, you will pay for each one individually.
Factors that influence the price:
- Size. The bigger the inflatable castle, the higher the price is expected to be. Some huge bouncy castles can reach over a thousand dollars.
- Features included. If slides on the sides are included (not just a platform where kids can bounce), a bouncy castle is going to be lot more expensive.
- Manufacturer. Like any other items, the prices for bouncy castles and other inflatable toys vary from one manufacturer to another.
- Location. Your location can be a big influence on the price most especially if you purchase the bouncy castles online. The shipping fees and taxes will surely be a little higher than the ordinary if you purchase outside the country or from a manufacturer miles and miles away from your location.
Tips to know:
- When installing the bouncy castle, always review the area where the castle is to be set up. Make sure that the ground is flat enough to ensure that the base is stable. It is also wise to keep it away from power lines and obstacles such as trees.
- While the bouncy castle is inflated, the air blower must stay on continually.
- It is always a good idea to place the bouncy castle on a large tarp to protect it from moisture damage.
- You can add to the fun of a bouncy castle by adding in other activities. For example, throw in a few foam dodge balls for even more fun.
How can I save money?
- Rent a bouncy castle if you only use one for special occasions such as a birthday party or any other once-in-a-year events. However, if you are frequently using one for events or for mere enjoyment of your kids, you should consider buying your own. That way, you can save money in the long run.
- If you are considering renting a bouncy castle, try to do it during the week. Renting one on Monday-Thursday will be much cheaper than renting one Friday-Sunday.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|