How Much Does a Bradford Pear Tree Cost?
A Bradford Pear Tree makes a good shade tree and its fruits and white flowers are a wonderful sight, especially during the spring and summer. The Bradford Pear Tree traces its roots to China and Korea. It is a fast growing tree where the flowers grow early in spring before the leaves appear. Not only is the tree beautiful in the spring with the white blossomed flowers, but the leaves in the summer are beautiful shades of green. In the fall, however, is when most people fall in love with the tree. The leaves turn into a beautiful collaboration of red, orange, and maroon. This is much different from the yellow leaves on other trees, making the tree really stand out.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a Bradford pear tree depends on the nursery, size, age and quality. Costs for the tree will range anywhere from as little as $5 to as much as $200+
- According to Tytyga.com, a Bradford Pear Tree costs between $7.75 to $79.75. A Bradford Pear Tree that is around three to four feet tall costs $7.75. A four to five feet tall tree sells for about $12.75, while a five to six feet tall tree sells for $19.75.
$5 to $15
$10 to $18
$15 to $24
$25 to $35
$49 to $65
$70 to $85
$85 to $135
What is going to be included?
- The Bradford Pear Tree usually includes a broad oval crown, 30 feet high by 20 feet wide.
- This type of tree is known for its fast growth, beautiful fall colors and its tight form. Known to withstand droughts, this type of tree can actually add thousands of dollars of value to a home.
- Some suppliers may include delivery or shipping costs on top of the selling price.
- During the spring time, white blossoms will appear with colorful foliage during the fall.
- This tree grows the best in zones 5-10.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra charges may be incurred for growing the Bradford Pear Tree in your backyard. The cost would cover fertilizer, supplies, and gardening tools.
- Hiring a gardener to take care of your Bradford Pear tree would also require additional money. The same can be said about a landscaper if the tree needs to be planted professionally. To find these professionals, HomeAdvisor.com can help you get a free local contractor quote.
- This type of tree needs to be pruned at least every three to five years. For every pruning, plan on budgeting at least $150.
- If you decide to have the tree removed later on, this would require money. In an article by Deb Magnes dated September 16, 2011 on Davesgarden.com, the removal of a Bradford Pear Tree costs around $200 while the stump removal would cost around $250. SEE: “How much does tree removal cost?“
Tips to know:
- Bradford Pear Trees, if left unpruned, may fall after 10 years or so. During the first few years of your tree, you can start to prune it to avoid having the limbs grow hard. This process can help prolong the lifespan of the Bradford Pear Tree.
- Ask some experts or check out websites for tips on how to take good care of a Bradford Pear Tree. Their advice will be valuable.
- There are some negative aspects of planting a Bradford pear tree. The life span of the tree, even with proper care and pruning, is about 25 years. If you are purchasing a home that had the trees planted 20 years ago, you will need to be prepared for the cost of replacing the tree. Most Bradford pear trees have very shallow roots that cause the trees to split over time. This can even happen overnight in bad weather conditions.
- Another negative thing about the Bradford pear tree is that is does not bear edible fruit. The fruit that is does produce is very small and hard and is mostly eaten by birds or squirrels.
How can I save money?
- Purchasing seedlings by bulk can help you save money. Some suppliers of the Bradford Pear Tree give discounts for bulk purchases.
- Because this tree is a fast growing tree, you can save money by purchasing the smallest size and then allowing it to grow under your care.