How Much Does Bridal Makeup Cost?
Bridal makeup is one of the many aspects of the wedding that the bride wants to be just perfect. A wedding is one of the most important events that two people can share. It is the union of two hearts who pledge to love one another for better or for worse, in sickness and in death.
Although wedding traditions and customs may vary according to ethnic backgrounds, cultures, religions, social classes, and countries, it is the event that every woman looks forward to. This is the reason that, during the preparation process for the big day, the bride sees to it that everything will go perfectly. From the guest list to the reception venue and the food to serve, every detail is important. Most of all, she makes sure to look great on her wedding day. This is where bridal makeup plays a very important role to fulfill such a desire.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the makeup that the bride wants to get, most professional services will charge anywhere from as little as $100 to as much as $340 for bridal makeup. Lower end makeup jobs will hover around that $100 mark while higher end jobs that include a well known artist can reach prices around the $300 mark.
- For example, Naomimartinez.com offers the following bridal makeup packages:
- Package 1 — $ 165
- Package 2 — $195
- Package 3 — $285
- According to a source in one of the online fora, a decent makeup artist would charge a starting rate of around $200 for the bride.
- Brides on the forum WeddingBee.com claimed that they have seen prices as low as $35 to as much as $1,000 or more. Most noted that it will really depend on your geographical location and the credibility of the artist performing the job.
What is going to be included?
- The packages for bridal makeup will greatly vary from one place to another.
- Packages can include everything from full makeup on wedding day, lashes application at trial and on wedding day, body glowing lotion/powder application on arms, shoulders, and collarbone, blotting sheets, and lipstick or lip gloss to keep.
- Premium packages could include the following: skin treatments during the trial run and on wedding day, five-minute facial treatment to smooth out skin for flawless makeup application, and professional reshaping of eyebrows.
- Most makeup artists can also work with customizable packages.
What are the extra costs?
- Most salons will not include hair styling services or airbrush makeup for the bridal party, attendants, and family. If the other members of the bridal party want to have their make up done as well, this will need to be paid separately
- Every additional member such as the flower girl, etc. will add to the price. Most companies will charge less for everyone else since the makeup will not be as extravagant as the bride.
- Likewise, if you need your makeup artist to stay for the photograph sessions, you many need to to pay her an hourly rate. For example, during this time, the makeup artist stays with the bride to keep her face always fresh during the pictorials, perform touch ups on everyone that received makeup application including the groom, and makeup transformation on the bride from day to evening look.
- You may also need to spend extra for travel fee or gratuities of the makeup artist.
Factors that influence the price:
- The cost of bridal makeup depends on the expertise of the makeup artist and the location where you want to have your makeup done.
- It also depends on how many people or members of the wedding entourage would be having their makeup done.
- Do not forget to include the additional features. Airbrushing, lash extensions and hair extensions may not be included with the services.
- Makeup artists charge different rates depending on their credibility.
- One of the largest aspects of the price is whether you go to the salon or if the makeup artist comes to you. If the salon is close to the site of the wedding, it may be better to get the makeup done there.
Tips to know:
- Take extra care of your skin especially weeks before your wedding day by not allowing stress and dehydration get the better of you.
- Make sure that your makeup holds out through the crying, hugging, kissing, eating, and dancing portions of the wedding. It is also advisable that you wear waterproof mascara. If you are crying, make sure you dab the tears away rather than wiping them.
- Keep your makeup simple but elegant.
- Discuss with your makeup artist what you want from your makeup. She may have pictures of example from which you can choose.
How can I save money?
- Inquire around from different salons and from different makeup artists for their prices before booking for one.
- Many brides have found that they can save the most money when they bundle their hair and makeup services together.
- Find a salon that will give discounts if the entire wedding party is done. Many times, the bride’s makeup and hair will be free if the whole wedding party is have it done as well.
- It is so much cheaper if you will do your own makeup.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|