How Much Does a Butterfly Tattoo Cost?
A butterfly tattoo can come in a wide range of sizes, colors, and shapes, and it can be put on any part of the body. For some people, tattoos make a good fashion statement. Some have a butterfly tattoo as a form of expressing themselves while others get tattoos because of the thrill and sense of fulfillment. If you are planning to get a one, you are going to find that there are so many different designs from which you can choose. One design in particular that many opt to get nowadays is the butterfly tattoo. This tattoo can often be found on the wrist, the lower back or even the ankle. Like most tattoos, the prices are going to based on the number of colors in the tattoo as well as its size. The placement of the tattoo can also have an affect on the price, and the reputation of the tattoo artist can make a different as well. However, the price of a butterfly tattoo will be very similar to other tattoos.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a butterfly tattoo may differ depending on the tattoo artist, location, size, color, and other specifications. Average sized butterfly tattoos that can fit on the wrist or the ankle are often going to be between the $40 and $200 price range. However, if this tattoo is going to be larger than the wrist, the price can be within the $200 to $500 price range.
- Some tattoo shops also base the cost on the size and number of colors. If you want to get a butterfly tattoo the size of your palm or smaller, you will probably end up spending around $80 to $100.
- According to answers.yahoo.com, the cost of a butterfly tattoo may vary depending on the size and complexity. Most shops charge around $40 to $60 for a small tattoo, depending on the hourly rate. For larger cities, the hourly rate may run around $150 while in smaller cities is would run around $80.
- At other tattoo shops, a butterfly tattoo may cost around $90 for a simple, small design and $200 for a larger one with multiple colors. This is according to butterflytattoo1.blogspot.com.
- At Bullseyetattoos.com, a butterfly tattoo costs around $8 to $18, depending on the size, color, and design. A Soft Butterfly and Phoenix Butterfly design costs $8 while a Fairy Butterfly design costs $18. Other designs such as a Heart Butterfly costs $10, Butterfly Wisp costs $12, and Purple Haze Butterfly costs $15.
What is going to be included?
- The cost of a butterfly tattoo may include the cost of the butterfly tattoo design (color and size), materials used (such as the quality of the ink), and hourly rate of the tattoo artist.
- Before the tattoo artist begins, he should thoroughly clean the area, the part of the body, all the tools being used, and his hands. Gloves should be worn at all times to promote cleanliness.
What are the extra costs?
- You might be paying extra costs for additional colors or specifications in your butterfly tattoo design. Usually, the more colors you use or the bigger the size, the more you also have to pay.
- If you draw or bring in a custom butterfly design rather than choosing one of their stock designs, you may be charged extra.
- When you request the tattoo artist to use high quality ink and materials purchased from other states or areas, you might be charged extra for the materials’ shipping and delivery costs.
- In case of complications such as an infection caused by the tattoo, you will have to spend extra money for a check up to the doctor as well as treatment or medication.
- Most tattoo artists expect a tip when the tattoo is finished. This should be 10% to 20% of the cost of the tattoo.
Tips to know
- Shop around for the cost of having a butterfly tattoo so that you will be able to compare prices, quality, and safety. You can do some research online, ask around, or visit shops of tattoo artists in your area. Most are more than happy to give you a quote in person.
- Ask your doctor if getting a tattoo will be safe in your case. Some people who have infectious diseases or who are at risk for such diseases are usually discouraged from getting a tattoo.
- After you get a tattoo, you need to make sure that you take proper care of it. You should keep it moist and covered with ointment for the first week or two. If any sign of infection is seen, see your doctor immediately.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that you get a butterfly tattoo only from a reputable tattoo artist. Even if it will be more expensive, you will be more assured of your health’s safety. The last thing that you want is to end up in the hospital with thousands of dollars worth of bills because of an infection.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|