How Much Do Cairn Terriers Cost?
Cairn Terriers are indoor dogs that children and adults alike will love to have. These dogs are short, shaggy haired, and fairly long for their height. They generally have large heads, pricked up ears, and can come in a variety of colors. These dogs are also an ideal gift to someone who loves pets. They thrive within the home, for they are family-loyal dogs and are also very playful. Their life span averages 9-15 years.
How much is it?
- On the average, Cairn Terrier puppies that range from 12 to 22 weeks old are sold for anywhere from $350-$800. The price depends on the breeder and your location as well as other factors.
- Older Cairn Terriers that are a year old or more can cost anywhere from $100 to $500.
What is going to be included?
- Most Cairn Terriers which are purchased from groomers or adoption centers will be de-wormed as well as spayed or neutered. This isn’t always the case as many buyers tend to avoid having the dog spayed or neutered as a puppy since they may want to breed in the future.
- Highly priced Cairn Terriers have an American Kennel Club registration paper. Be sure to ask about these papers as they are very important to have. Most professionally bred dogs will have a microchip as well.
- Some dealers will deliver the dog to the home of the buyer if necessary.
What are the extra costs?
- For your dog’s identification, you may register the pet at American Kennel Club. If the price does not inlude the registration, this will become an extra cost to the buyer.
- To make sure that your dog won’t be lost, you can have the microchip implanted between the dog’s shoulders. This microchip can be detected right away with a handheld device that uses radio waves to read the chip, and this can help the dog be located.
- High quality dog foods are highly recommended for this type of breed.
- All other dog accessory costs such as the dog leash, foods, vet checkups, toys, and more are all going to be required.
Tips to know:
- These terriers tend to be mischievous, independent and love to get into trouble. Most experts will recommend that this type of terrier can be rather hard to train.
- These terriers are great with children of all ages, since that have great patience.
- Females are going to be found to be more independent than a male.
- These are strictly indoor dogs. While you can take them outside, it’s best that you’re monitoring their situation as they can get into troubles with larger dogs, etc.
How can I save money?
- There are online pet shops that sell Cairn Terriers. You may browse the internet to find these dogs sold at a lower price. Different breeders have different prices, too. PetFinder is a resource that many use to find a dog in their area.
- It will also save you money to have your new dog picked up rather than delivered. The best thing is to compare breeders or pet stores; some prices may already include the delivery.