How Much Does Calligraphy for Wedding Invitations Cost?
Calligraphy for wedding invitations creates a custom made hand lettered invitation that adds a touch of elegance to your wedding. Calligraphy is a type of visual art and is often called the art of fancy lettering. This type of writing flourishes in the forms of wedding and event invitations. There are several companies that offer the service of calligraphy, and most have their own printing company and will let you choose the design of the invitations to be printed. The price varies depending on the amount of written content that will be placed on the invitation as well as the type of paper being used. Different companies or individuals that offer calligraphy for wedding invitation services have different pricing schemes.
How much is it?
- One individual may charge per hour that includes custom drawn decorations together with the actual lettering. These services can run from $50 to $80 per hour.
- There are other companies that charge per project rather than per hour. They provide customers the option to choose from different types of font as well as the type of ink that will be used. These packages can average anywhere from $2 to $8 per invitation depending on the features chosen.
- Bulk calligraphy services can range from $195 to $275 per 500 invitations. This service can include something like a 2 letter calligraphy design with black ink.
What is going to be included?
- You will be provided with a variety of choices for the style of the lettering from which to choose. You will also be given the option to choose the type of ink that will be used to write the material.
- Some services may include the whole packaging including the addresses and envelopes.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional requests and content will add to the total cost. An extra line on the names can be an additional $1 and if you request a more expensive ink, such as a metallic one, it could add an additional $2 to $3 per invitation to the total bill.
- Envelopes, or adding addresses on the envelope in calligraphy, can be an additional expense. Some may include these, so be sure to consult with them beforehand to see what will be included. Envelopes can cost an additional $1 to $5 per envelope.
- Some services may be able to seal, sign, and stamp them for you. They can then either mail them out or send them right to your doorstep.
How can I save money?
- Elaborate designs will mean higher prices. Try to go with simple design that will relay the message to the guests. Simple designs can help you save a large amount of money. Many calligraphy services will sit with you and show you what they can do.
- Attempt to learn calligraphy on your own. It doesn’t take too long to learn; there are many kits online that you can purchase that can teach you rather fast.
- Before hiring a professional, consider checking the examples online. You don’t have to pick someone from a local area as these professionals can work from around the globe, showing you invitation examples through e-mail. Since they can work from around the globe, consider consulting with third world countries to see if they can offer the price at a discounted rate.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|