How Much Does a Car Battery Charger Cost?
Car battery chargers are electronic devices that can instantly charge a dead battery. Most car batteries have a lifespan of 5 to 10 years. There are several reasons why the battery goes dead. One of the most common reasons is that the headlights are left on after the engine is turned off. Car battery chargers are plugged in a power outlet and then connected by jumper style clamps to the dead battery. The price of car battery chargers varies depending on the manufacturer as well as the type of charger being sold. The power difference can also dictate the price of car battery chargers; the higher the capacity, the higher the price can be.
How much is it?
- There are many different types of car battery chargers sold for vehicles such as small trucks, cars, RVs, boats, motorcycles, and more. Some car chargers are microprocessor controlled and some even come equipped with fully automatic switches. On average, a car battery charger can cost anywhere from $20 to $119.
- The most common type of car battery charger is one with 12 volts worth of power. A 12V battery charger can cost anywhere from $20 to $60.
- Other types of car battery charger offer a lot of features aside from the main purpose. For example, a 5 in 1 portable power pack can jump start a car, inflate tires, power electronic accessories, and has a light source. A 5 in 1 kit such as this one can cost anywhere from $90 to $130.
- A portable battery charger that is similar to a solar car battery can be ran on a cigarette charger or charged through an outlet can range anywhere $20 to as much as $120.
- A solar powered car battery charger that runs solely on the sun can run anywhere from $25 to as much as $200 depending on the complexity of the charger.
- The amount of energy consumption is also considered by most companies. A solar powered battery charger is charged by the solar panel itself. These environmentally friendly chargers can cost anywhere from $40 to $60.
What are the extra costs?
- To be able to use the car battery charger, you’ll need to purchase additional accessories such as a battery load tester that can test 6 and 12 volt batteries.
- Jumper cables will be needed to connect the charger to the battery.
What is going to be included?
- Included with your purchase will be the cables and other materials needed to charge and connect the device to a wall outlet as well as to the battery.
- Instruction manuals as well as a limited warranty may be included depending on the manufacturing company itself. These warranties can last up to a lifetime.
Top brands to consider:
- Battery Tender
- Black and Decker
- CTEK Power
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing the basic charger since many of the additional features are unnecessary.
- If purchasing used, be sure to ask about the condition of the battery charger as some brands can wear off faster than other, not working properly.
- Since there are a lot of brands on the market, be sure to do the research online to ensure that you’re purchasing the right brand.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|