How Much Does Car Dent Repair Cost?
Car dent repair is a type of service where certain techniques are performed to remove dents and dings from the body of a motor vehicle. There are several ways to remove a car dent. For minor dents and dings, a technique, known as paintless dent removal, is often performed. For bigger damages, the dent will be restored first and then a series of painting techniques will be applied to cover the spot where the dent used to be. Car dent repair cost can be different depending on the damage to the car as well as the depth of the dent. Other factors affecting the price may include the process used to fix the dent, the body shop, and the make and model of your car.
How much is it?
- On average, smaller dents that are less than 7 inches in diameter can cost anywhere from $50 to $300. Bigger dents on the door or hood can range from $300 to $2,000. Most of the time, larger dents may require that the entire panel is replaced.
- For example, DentKraft.com offers paintless dent removal for dents with varying sizes. They can repair 1” to 2 1/2” for $85 to $200.
- Another company such as FastCarRepair.com prices dent repair on a single panel ranging from $79 to $179. The size of dents that they can repair varies from 1” to 7”. San-Diego-Dent-Repair.com also lists a price for their dent repair services. The size of the dent also determines the price of the repair and it can range anywhere from $75 to $275.
- If you have a car insurance policy with a deductible, check with them to see if they will cover the removal process.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional dents have corresponding price depending on the size as well. Most 1” dent can go for $25 to $100, increasing as the size of the dent gets bigger.
- If a part or panel has to be replaced, this will be an extra cost. Collision shops will weigh the pros and cons regarding whether the dent can be removed or if the part needs to be replaced completely.
- If the area has to be buffed or repainted, this can be factored as an additional cost.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of dent repair that will be done on the vehicle, the inclusions can be different. The service will usually include the full dent repair service, as well as the cleaning and buffing of the affected area once repair has been completed.
- During the procedure, the expert will use an industry based dent repair tool that will suction onto the panel, allowing it to pull the dent completely out. Once out, the area may have to be buffed and repainted if scratches are present.
How can I save money?
- Check out different repair providers and compare their prices. Remember that the larger the dent the higher the price. Shopping around for repair service providers will give you the flexibility of finding the lowest priced service available.
- For smaller jobs, it may be easier to remove the dents yourself. Car dent removal tools online can cost anywhere from $10 to $50.