How Much Does Car Door Repair Cost?
Car door repair is the process of fixing car doors that have broken parts such as door handle, window, hinges, latches and others. A car door has plenty of other parts, such as the mechanism for the window which can cause wear and tear. Service to a car door can either occur while the door is still attached to the car or the door can be removed. Since a car door can receive different damages or different parts can be broken, the price for the repair can be different. The price wil also change according to the make and model of the car and the mechanic working on it.
How much is it?
- The part of the car door that is damage the most often is the door handle. The door handle also acts as the locking mechanism of the door as the handle itself is used to open car doors. The price listed for car door handles for different make and model of cars range anywhere from $5 to $41 for the handle itself.
- Car door windows are also an integral part of the car door. Most newer vehicles come with power windows, which make the window close and open at the touch of a button. Power window switches and motors cost anywhere from$5 to $65 per window part.
- Car doors can get dents as well and depending on the size of the dent of the car the price of repairing a car door can be different. Dent repair will range anywhere from $85 to $200 and beyond, depending on the amount of damage done. See: “How much does car dent repair cost?“
- Scratches as well as a new paint job can cost anywhere from $100 to $500 depending on the size of the scratch. Smaller scratches under 1-2 inches can cost $150, while a scratch longer than 10 inches can cost upwards of $500.
- For any work that needs to be done on the door itself, professional collision shops will charge anywhere from $30 to $120 per hour. Smaller dent jobs can take 2 hours, while replacing a handle, window and more can take more than 5 hours.
- To purchase the entire car door , the price can range from $50 to $750 depending on the make and model. Many local junkyards have car doors that may be available at a fraction of the cost.
What are the extra costs?
- If you ask for a service personnel to install or fix the car door, you’ll need to pay for the service charges that would apply. The price for the service depends on the job they perform and can start at $30 per hour.
- If the entire door has to be replaced, additional charges such as a delivery fee may apply.
What is going to be included?
- A professional will be able to complete the entire process, fixing the door ensuring that it is working properly.
How can I save money?
- Try to look for different establishments that offer car door repair and find the one that offers their services at the lowest price.
- Take good care of your car door to prevent wear and tear from happening.
- Highly consider checking a junkyard before purchasing a brand new door. This alone can save you up to 70% or more.