How Much Does Car DVD Installation Cost?
Car DVD installation is the process of installing a DVD player and an LCD monitor on either one of the decks of a dashboard as well as at the back of the head rest of a car seat. A typical car DVD player looks very similar to a CD player and the process of installing the DVD player is very similar as well; however, a DVD installation will also require one or more LCD screens to be installed. The price for the DVD installation service can be different depending on the store you chose to install the item for you. If you have a bigger vehicle and would like to install more than one LCD monitor in it, the price can go higher since more wires may be used to accomplish the task.
How much is it?
- Car DVD installation prices vary depending on the establishment that offers the service. On average, installation prices are going to range anywhere from $75 to $350. These prices won’t include the car DVD player itself.
- For example, the company MobileCarStereoInstall.com offers basic car DVD video installation for $75 to $80.
- One of the most popular car installers such as Best Buy’s Geek Squad offer their services for $200. The service will include several processes that will involve the removal or installation of an installed DVD or car stereo player in the car.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the establishment that will perform the installation, the inclusions may be different. It includes a checklist of the items that are on the car before and after the installation.
- The proper installation and removal of any dash panels that is necessary to be able to access the deck.
What are the extra costs?
- There are additional costs if you will also have speakers to be installed to complete your auto entertainment system.
- Additional accessories such as the wireless headphones, video game systems, and more are optional, but many prefer to purchase them.
- Most car DVD systems are going to come equipped with one screen. For vans or SUVs, dual screens can be installed, which will be an additional cost.
Tips to know:
- Factory installed systems are going to cost more than a customized system. Be sure to explore your options before making a purchase with a new car as there are many other options that don’t cost as much.
- Be sure to look at the options where you can put the DVD player. For those with more than one car, it may be better to explore a portable DVD player.
How can I save money?
- Consider asking around for different prices of installation. There are several companies that offer installation services at a discount if you purchase the car DVD player directly through them.
- There are some portable DVD players that can be used in the car without having to hassle with installation. These DVD players will come with a case and straps with which the DVD player can be strapped to the seat of the car. This way, you will only have to pay for the player itself and not for installation.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|