How Much Does Car Stereo Installation Cost?
A car stereo installation is a type of service where music or audio equipment is installed in your vehicle. The process involves the installation of an in-dash CD player and speakers connected by wires that are placed under the carpet or upholstery of your vehicle. Car stereo installation has become more technical now since car owners have plenty of options from which they can choose. The price of car stereo installation depends on the complexity of the set up that you want, such as whether you would like the basic four speaker system or more. The stereo you purchase, the manufacturer, and the seller can also affect the price.
How much is it?
- On average, car stereo installation is going to range anywhere from $35 to as much as $300. Higher end, touch panel stereos are going to cost more than a simple CD/MP3 player.
- For a complete setup that may include a subwoofer, amplifier, GPS and new MP3 player, the complete setup could be upwards of $1,500.
- There are several companies that offer car stereo installation services at different prices. For example, GeekSquad.com offers car stereo installation services for the price of $50 to $150. The cost of their services is based on a 3 tier installation service from basic service to premium service that has more inclusions.
- Another company such as MobileCarStereoInstall.com also offers car stereo installation. The basic installation price goes anywhere from $50 to $75 but the price can go higher depending on the size of the vehicle.
What are the extra costs?
- If you have additional speakers that you wish to be installed, there will be additional charges for this. An amplifier will also be required to improve sound quality and can be installed for the price of $100 to $240. The amp and speakers will have to be purchased separately.
- Higher end stereos that have a touch screen equipped with a GPS unit can require additional installation procedures such as a specialized antennae, etc.
- For a premium sound system that includes a subwoofer and amplifier, the costs can be extra depending on the setup and the amount of subwoofers being installed.
- Removal of the older stereo may incur extra charges.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the package are several processes performed to install the service. This will include a checklist of the items that are included before and after the installation of the car stereo. Most retailers will be able to supply a list of what they are going to be able to do during the installation process.
How can I save money?
- Compare prices among several establishments that will provide the service at different prices. There are several companies that can provide discounts for those that purchase the stereo direct.
- Since this is a rather competitive field, consider haggling with the company to see if they can bring the price down.
- Look for coupons or special promotions during the slower seasons. Also, if a CD player is purchased from the company, they may be able to install it for a lower cost than those that bring a radio from the outside.