How Much Does a Career Coach Cost?
A career coach is a professional consultant that will help a job seeker find a job that suits him. The career coach is going to be able to help those that are either working a dead end job or those that want to work their way up their ladder within the corporation in which they are currently working. A career coach is going to offer advice, resume tips, help finding jobs, and more. The cost of a career coach is going to vary depending on the experience, the location, the market, and other factors.
How much is it?
- Depending on the experience, a career coach is going to offer their services for anywhere from $75 to $350 per hour.
- The average job seeker may spend 10 to 15 hours with a career coach, bringing the cost to $1,000 to $6,000 total until a job is found. Some people may only have to visit a coach once or twice to get a good idea of what they want to do.
What are the extra costs?
- Overtime fees as well as transportation fees may be additional if the coach has to drive to your home. Many prefer to meet in their office or a coffee shop in between.
- Resume creation as well as a job search can yield additional expenses. Most coaches will consult with you, but many can help find jobs as well as submit your resume to various companies.
What is going to be included?
- A career coach is going to be able to meet face to face. He is going to try to make you stand out above the rest. Whether you need to have your resume touched up or maybe you need to practice your interview skills, a coach is going to provide you with all the skills that you need in today’s job market.
- Some coaches may provide you with study materials such as recommended books or even worksheets.
Questions to ask?
- Who have you worked with in the past and what are your success rates? If possible, look for evidence or at least ask for it.
- Who are you affiliated with? Do you have any credentials? Make sure that the coach you’re talking with is accredited with the ICF or WAB.
- What are you going to be able to do for me? Where do you see me in 30 days after consulting with you?
- Do you have a guarantee of finding me a job if I follow your plan and directions?
How can I save money?
- Consider taking a career class or job finding workshop. These workshops may be able to teach you just as much in a group setting. These classes can be significantly less expensive than a personal coach.
- Compare career coaches throughout the area. Find certified coaches through sites such as CertifiedCareerCoaches.com
- Consider reading up on tips online through various career blogs. What you’ll find is that there are a lot of blogs out there that can offer tips and advice for free. This can be your first step before setting out and hiring a professional coach to help.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|