How Much Do Carnation Flowers Cost?
Carnation flowers are often used for many different occasions such as Mother’s Day, a wedding, Valentine’s Day and even birthdays. The carnation has many different colors such as white, red, rose and pink. Some carnations can even be dyed different colors such as blue or multicolor. Each colored carnation may have its own meaning. For example, the white carnation is the official flower of many fraternities. The cost of carnations will depend on the quantity, the type, as well as other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, carnations of all colors are going to cost anywhere from $1.20 to $1.65 per stem. Generally, the more that are purchased, the more that you’re going to be able to save per stem.
- For example, FiftyFlowers.com sells 4 bunches, 100 stems for $99.99, while their 14 bunches, 350 stems sells for $199.99, including shipping.
- A bouquet sent from a local flower company or online can cost $25 to $75 per dozen, depending on set-up.
- Mini carnations sold through a wholesale club such as Sam’s Club sell 150 stems for $65 to $80. Sam’s Club also sells 300 stems for $119 to $139.
What are the extra costs?
- Delivery charges may cost extra if a bouquet is purchased for an event such as an anniversary, wedding, etc. The cost for this service should be available online or through the florist you choose.
- Vases, decorations, or customized flower set ups can cost more, depending on what is needed.
- Carnation flowers are one of the only flowers that can be dyed. If you want to have the carnations dyed to a particular color of your choice, many florist will charge extra for this procedure.
What is going to be included?
- Carnations purchased by the bunch will be packaged in climate controlled package to ensure that the flowers stay healthy during transit.
- Specialized bouquets will be created according to your demands and order. Many florists will work with you personally to ensure that they have the set up done correctly.
Tips to know:
- There are many types of carnations that include pink, light red, dark red, white, green, purple and yellow. Each one has it’s own unique style and meaning.
- Cutting the base of the flower can make the best plant. It’s best to cut the base of the flower either in either the fall or the winter. If planting outside of the spring, be sure to place it in a pot for a healthy growth.
- Make sure that these carnations get sun for at least a few hours a day. It’s also essential that the flowers ground is kept moist as well. If possible, attempt to water on days where it hasn’t rain. Always make sure that the flowers aren’t in directs sunlight.
How can I save money?
- Check with at least 3 local florists if you’re going to purchase in bulk for an event such as a wedding. Consider wholesale clubs such as Sam’s Club when purchasing more than 100 stems.
- If purchasing a bouquet online through one of the many flower shops, consider looking for coupon codes on sites such as RetailMeNot.com or consider getting cash back through services such as Ebates.com.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|