How Much Does Castor Oil Cost?
Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is obtained from castor beans. This oil can be used as a food additive in many recipes, in hair products for help in growing hair more quickly and to provide extra softness and shine, and for different medicinal purposes. Castor oil is known to help the small intestine system as well as help with problems such as constipation. The cost of the oil is going to vary depending on the quantity, the brand, the purpose, and the store selling it.
How much is it?
- On average, castor oil can cost anywhere from $5 to $30. A 16 ounce bottle is going to cost $7 to $11. A bigger bottle such as a 32 ounce can cost, $14 to $30. A smaller 2 ounce bottle will cost $4 to $8.
- Castor oil that is specialized to help hair grow faster can cost anywhere from $7 to $13. For example, a 16 ounce bottle of purpose NOW solutions castor oil costs $7 to $12.
- Smaller disposable packs of castor oil, which are designed for those that travel often, can cost $2 to $8 per pack.
- A gallon of castor oil can cost anywhere from $40 to $55 per gallon. For example, the brand “Baar” sells it by the gallon for $49 to $53.
What are the extra costs?
- Organic oil is going to cost more than the oil that has additives and extra ingredients. The same is going to go for pure oils. Check the ingredients before purchasing the oil to ensure that you know how the product was made.
What is going to be included?
- This oil can come cold pressed or cold processed, meaning that it is tasteless and odorless since it is pure.
Tips to know:
- Castor oil can be used for many different purposes. Many people do not realize that castor oil can be used as a deep hair conditioner or even a moisturizer. Many people have luck using it for eyelash treatments as well.
- There is a wives tale that castor oil can induce labor.
- This oil can help with skin treatments, acne, hair, hair growth, and even the lawn to make it look lush and fresh.
How can I save money?
- For smaller solutions, consider purchasing a smaller bottle since it can last a longer time. The bulkier purchases are designed more for companies that are purchasing it for their business or clientele.