How Much Does Cat Boarding Cost?
Cat boarding is a facility where you can leave your cat while you are away. The facility will take care of your pet together with other cats and its features differ from one boarding facility to another.
How much is it?
- The average cat boarding price is anywhere from $9.00 to $20.00 a day. The prices depend from the size of the space or room. The higher the price, the wider the room is for your cat.
- To have someone come to your home, the price can range anywhere from, $15 to $200 per night. Overnight stays generally will cost more than a simple, 15 minute visit.
- According to one cat boarding service such as the CatConnection.net located in Texas offers daily rates that range from $21 per night and $19.50 for each additional night after the first night. If the cat has to be boarded for the day, the rate would only be $16.
- For instance, KittyCondos.com charges $20 per day for a room that measures 5 1/2′ by 8′ by 8′, while their luxury suite that measures 8′ x 8′ x x’ will cost $22 per day.
- Another company such as CatsMeowInn.com charges around $12.75 to $23.50 per day. Again, it will come down to the size of the suite and the type of amenities that you want.
What are the extra costs?
- If your cat has to take any sort of medication, plan on spending $1 to $3 per dose.
- If the cat has to be picked up from a local residence, business or airport, a $50 to $150 one-time charge can apply. Remember, it will more than likely have to be within a 25-mile radius.
- Most companies will want you to come within a certain time frame. For those that come outside of boarding hours, a penalty may be applies.
- Health problems that occur during the cat’s stay may result in an emergency trip to the vet. This will result in a travel fee and vet bill that can vary depending on the situation.
- Some boarders may supply the food while others won’t. If you choose food from their services, food fees can apply. Plan on spending $3 to $5 a day for food.
What is going to be included?
- Typical rooms are going to include basic necessities such as a cat bed, toys, a litter box, food and fresh water.
- Luxury condos can often include a smaller twin-sized bed, a larger condo and even a television. Like a hotel that we’re all accustomed to as an adult, suites can vary from company to company.
- Since most cats won’t get along with other cats, all cats will be confined to their area.
- Every day, a worker will clean the litter box, supply the food and just make sure that the cat is looking healthy. If problems do persist, you will be notified.
Tips to know:
- All cats are going to have to be up to date with their vaccinations. If you can’t prove it with papers, they will more than likely not accommodate your pet. Be sure to get a certificate ahead of time to play it safe.
- Like the health certificate, your cat has to be flea-free. If they find fleas, you will be responsible for all flea treatments.
- Try to ask for references to see who they can refer.
- If there is a health emergency, be sure to know how they are going to take care of it.
Questions to ask:
- What kind of activities will my cat be partaking in?
- What do I need to bring in terms of supplies and food?
- What will you do in case of an emergency?
- Can you explain what a typical day looks like?
- Can I get references?
How can I save money?
- Since cats need very little attention, consider asking a house sitter to come by every few days to check on the cat and do the necessary chores. Many house sitters will only charge $20 to $30 per visit.
- If you have a neighbor that you can trust, consider asking them if they can help you out with watching the cat for the duration of the trip. For those that don’t have a neighbor that they trust, consider asking a friend or family member.
- Additional cats that can share the same room can often cost a lot less than the first cat. Be sure to inquire about multiple cat discounts.
- Consider paying everything up front. The more you pay up front, the more you can typically save. Also, the longer the duration of the stay, the more you can save too.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|