How Much Do Cavachon Puppies Cost?
Cavachon puppies are a type of cross bred puppies. They are the puppy of a cavalier King Charles spaniel and bichon frise. Cavachon puppies are considered designer puppies because they are popular companions, especially for those who are suffering with allergies. Cavachon puppies have large expressive eyes and have a sporty appearance. These dogs are affectionate, loving, and gentle. They are also family oriented and usually get along with children and other pets in the home. The price for Cavachon puppies depends on the seller, age, quality and geographical location.
How much is it?
- Premium grade Cavachon puppies can be priced anywhere from $1,500 to $3,500.
- A basic cavachon puppy will cost considerably less than the premium grade ones. These sell for anywhere from $350 to $650.
- A breeder who sells through CavachonPuppies.com operates from the state of Indiana and they sell their puppies for anywhere from $700 to $775.
- Another site that offers Cavachon puppies is StarviewKennels.com. They offer different types of puppies as well, but their Cavachon puppies can go from $1,000 to $1,200.
What are the extra costs?
- Some of the sites that sell Cavachon puppies may require a shipping fee as well as a down payment before they ship the puppy to your place. The price of shipping will depend on the distance of the destination from the source of origin.
- Also considered as an additional cost is the registration for the puppy, which can cost anywhere from $8 to $30 or more depending on your state’s local laws.
- Owning a pet is going to incur many expenses such as veterinarian bills, toys, accesories, grooming, food, and many others.
What is going to be included?
- When the dog is shipped, they will be provided with enough food for sustenance. The seller should also include insurance for the puppy that can be good for at least a year.
- Any legitimate breeder will include papers that highlight the dog’s vaccination records and any other necessary medical information including the validity of the breed.
Tips to know:
- This type of breed is one of the smallest around. The Cavachon can get up to 20 pounds and only varies from 12 to 16 inches in height.
- These dogs tend to be very energetic and are filled with lots of energy. They are animated and are very loyal to their owners. It’s best that these breeds aren’t left alone for long periods of time.
- Since these breeds can tend to have teeth problems, it’s best to bring them to the vet so that they can get their teeth cleaned. Regular brushing is also required due to the type of coat that they have.
How can I save money?
- Check the local adoption agencies in your area to see if they have any older dogs in your area that are up for adoption.
- If you are not picky about the breed, perhaps you should choose a dog that is less expensive than the Cavachon. There are many other lovable breeds of dog available that can provice excellent companionship at a lower price.