How Much Does a Cavapoo Puppy Cost?
A Cavapoo puppy, also known as a Cavoodle, is produced by mating the breeds Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the Poodle. The typical Cavapoo measures 9 to 14 inches and they can weigh up to 20 pounds. They are known for their long and floppy ears and their soft, poodle coat. Cavapoos can be great companions to children and adults alike. The cost of a Cavapoo is going to vary depending on the breeder, the location, age of the dog and quality.
How much is it?
- On average, a Cavapoo puppy ranges anywhere from $450 to $800 depending on the place where you will purchase it. It is not unheard of to find a female going for a price of $1,000 or more.
- An older cavapoo can be much cheaper, usually in the $200-$500 price range.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase the puppy online or anywhere far from your home, then you will have to pay for the shipping of the pet. Shipping can start at $150, depending on what method you choose.
- You will have to pay for a vet check up, training, and other important vaccinations that your puppy needs prior to releasing it from the shelter or pet shop. This is only extra if the breeder does not include it.
- Registration or license fees according to local city and county guidelines.
What is going to be included?
- There are breeders that include vaccination shots and other regular maintenance for the puppy such as clothing and food.
- Reputable breeders may also include pet insurance, a bag of puppy food, and even a starter pack. If the breeder doesn’t include any type of pet insurance, it’s best to ask for it so that you can protect your investment.
- Registration forms, as well as health certificates from a local vet’s office, will be given to you upon purchase.
Tips to know:
- These dogs tend to weigh up to 20 pounds and can be as tall as 14 inches. They are intelligent and have a great desire to please those that are around them.
- With a laid back personality, these dogs tend to get along with just about anyone that comes their way, including younger children and other pets.
- These dogs tend to do well in places such as apartments and don’t need a lot of room to exercise or run.
- These dogs can live upwards of 12 to as long as 16 years.
How can I save money?
- Before purchasing a cavapoo puppy, you should compare first the prices among local breeds to see which one is the cheapest and will give you the best quality. A local purchase is usually cheaper since you don’t have to add extra cost for the shipment.
- If you are planning to purchase online, then you should make sure that the price includes shipping and all expenses necessary to get your dog in your own place. If shipping from a far away place, be sure to ask about an insurance policy.
- Although rare, cavapoo puppies can sometimes be found in shelters for little or no cost.