How Much Does A Cavity Filling Cost?
Cavity filling is a process where a cavity is removed. A cavity is a disease that occurs when carbohydrates such as sugar in food are left on teeth change to acid that demineralises the tooth structure. because there are many different procedures that can be used to fill a cavity, the price may greatly vary. The price will also be affected by the dentist, the cost of living in your area, you insurance coverage, and the number of cavities you need filled.
How much is it?
- WebMD.com lists several procedures that can be done at different prices. A small filling for one or two surfaces can cost anywhere from $75 to $160. Up to four surfaces can cost in the $120 to $300 range. This price is for the general metallic fillings that are most common.
- Resin fillings that are tooth colored can also cover tooth decays caused by a cavity. For one or two surface fillings, the cost can be from $90 to $250, while more layers can cost anywhere from $130 to $350.
- Custom made cast gold fillings can also be placed on tooth decays. This particular process requires 2 visits as well as a temporary filling, which can cost anywhere from $900 to $3,500. They are going to be more expensive than ordinary fillings due to the materials used to manufacture them.
- If you have dental insurance, consult with your dentist and insurance company to see if any of the procedure is covered. If deemed medically necessary, you may only be required to cover your deductible or co-pays. Those with some sort of dental insurance, most pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for the complete procedure.
What are the extra costs?
- Before the cavity is filled, there will be exams and other procedures that are needed to be performed to properly identify what is the best way to remove the cavity from the tooth. The cost for an exam can cost anywhere from $20 to $100, while the x ray can also cost $15 to $135.
- Many dentists require that you have your semi-annual cleaning before they will fill your cavity.
- Some dentist may charge more for children under the age of 10 due to the complexity of filling the cavity. Most children generally don’t sit still during a cavity filling, make it hard for the dentist to do it on their own.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the procedure are the items and equipments used to treat the dental cavity. The dentists’ service will also be included with the payment for the service.
- During this procedure, the dentist will number the area around the tooth that currently has the cavity. Once numbed, a drill be used to remove the decayed area. Using special instruments, the dentist will check the area to ensure that the decay has been removed completely. After this decay has been removed, the dentist will add tooth colored fillings in layers.
How can I save money?
- Remember that prevention is better than a cure. Always brush your teeth at least three times a day to lessen the number of cavities. Flossing at least once a day will also help.
- You may want to consider visiting the dentist at least 2 times annually for maintenance and cleaning of the teeth.
- DentalPlans.com offers a variety of plans in your area that can help you save a massive percentage off procedures such as x-rays, check ups and more.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|