How Much Does Cavity Repair Cost?
If you have a cavity that is not taken care of quickly and properly, rotting and pain can occur over time. Because of this, a dentist will have to go back in and fix the cavity. This will be done either by cleaning it out or repairing a portion of the tooth. Each and every situation is going to be different. The cost of cavity repair varies from different places, but generally the larger the cavity, the higher the price will be.
How much is it?
- The average cost for cavity repair is $80 to $200 per tooth, depending on the size of your tooth cavity.
- Cavities that have a white resin filling are going to cost more than a filling that is silver. Generally, the white filling is going to be 30% to 40% more than the silver filling. The only difference is that you will not be able to see the white filling compared to the silver.
- If you have dental insurance, check with your insurance company to see if a repair is covered. Since it will more than likely be deemed necessary, there is a good chance you will only be responsible for your deductible or co-pay.
- According to a recent forum thread on HealthBoards.com, a user stated that they had paid more than $120 for a cavity repair without insurance.
What are the extra costs?
- Aside from the cavity repair procedure, a full cleaning may be necessary before the procedure is performed.
- During the procedure, it is possible that the dentist will administer anesthesia if you have a lower threshold of pain tolerance or if the extent of your cavity calls for too much repair.
- A dental x-ray is usually needed prior to cavity repair. Dental x-rays can cost anywhere from $60 to $180.
- In extreme cases, the dentist may have to completely remove the tooth. To receive a replacement, something such as a veneer may be required in order to replace the older tooth. See: “How much do veneers cost?“
What is going to be included?
- A dentist will either scrape away the old cavity and replace it with a new one, or if only part of the cavity is damaged, a portion will be replaced.
How can I save money?
- Ask from different dentists about their prices and try to compare among them to see who has the best possible price and at the same time can provide quality cavity repair to your teeth.
- You can also ask your personal dentist how much it will cost since he already knows about the appearance of your teeth and the extent of its damage that needs repair.
- Consider setting up a payment plan with a dentist office as you’ll find that most are going to be more than happy to take a certain amount of money each and every month. Even those that pay in full can receive cash discounts if they allow it.
- If you have an existing insurance policy, make sure that the dentist is part of your insurance’s network in order to get the right discount. For those that don’t have insurance, consider a dental discount plan that can help save you more than 50%. DentalPlans.com has a massive list of plans in your local area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|